(Me and my Broken Heart)

"That is probably one of the weirdest things and saddest I've ever heard in my life" Callum tells me as he sinks back into the couch. Giving him a small smile I nod my head in agreement.

"Well this is what happened, this is how it all went for me" Leo wasn't so comfortable in letting Callum stay but he was too tired to argue with me which is how I managed to tell Callum everything from the start-excluding out the vampire part and Cameron coming back from the dead.

"I'm sorry. I...I didn't know you had to go through all of this for one guy-my ex-boss, Bryan bloody Benson" He says while scrunching his eyebrows together in a thinking way.

"I loved him and all of this happened and...yeah"

"So I'm like the rebound guy for you then?" Callum asks me with a hint of sadness in his tone. I immediately shake my head as a no. I would never classify Callum as a rebound for me because, as much as I hate to admit it sometimes he means something more to me which I can't explain but can sometimes which is confusing for me.

"You are more than a rebound Callum. I...sometimes I feel things for you whom I can't explain"

"Did these feelings occur when you were with Bryan?" Closing my eyes I take a deep breath. Opening my eyes I stare into his beautiful ones.

"They're much deeper than what I ever held for Bryan and it scares me sometimes. I cried myself to sleep because I loved him so much but when I met you it's like I never met Bryan before and you were the first ever guy to make me feel things which really petrified me" He nodded his head slowly as if he was trying to process everything I said in his head. "But you petrify me in a good way" I add in. He gives me a small smile in return and rolls his eyes as well.

“I’m sorry you had to go through all of that pain April. No one deserves that…whether it’s an enemy or a stranger. Everyone deserves to be happy one way or another” He tells me. I surprise the both of us by reaching forward and enveloping him in a huge hug. Closing my eyes I inhale in his scent hoping I can stay like this forever. Stay in someone’s arms, stay in this man’s arms for the rest of my life. Callum soon enough put his arms around me as well as he rests his face into my neck.

“Come on seriously?!” I quickly pull away from Callum to see Leo standing in the doorway of the living room shirtless.

“Come on seriously?” Callum replied back in the same tone of voice. Leo does a fake laugh and throws his shirt onto Callum who easily catched it.

“What are you guys doing at this time, I thought you already left Cal” Leo says as he leans against the frame of the door.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know that spending time with my girlfriend would be such a crime” Did he just say girlfriend? Oh my god he thinks I’m his girlfriend. That means he is my boyfriend! Oh my god! I don’t know why I’m getting so happy.

“Oh so you guys are already going into the boyfriend girlfriend zone then?” Leo asked in surprise. Leo I’m just as surprised as you.

“Well I’m prepared f April is” I could feel Callum’s burning gaze on my face but thankfully my hair was covering my face.

“Alright, I don’t want to hear it!” Leo exclaimed to the both of us. He unplugged a charger from the socket ad walked away leaving the both of us alone.

“Do you really want us to go from being friends to more?” I ask Callum without looking at his face. I don’t know why I’m really so nervous about this. Is it because I’m not prepared to start a new relationship or I just want to let go off the past and move on to the future.

“April, look at me” Callum says tenderly into my hair. Moving my hair out of my face I look up into his gorgeous eyes which were twinkling into mine.

“Like I said April, I really like you but I won’t push you” He tells me. Giving him a small smile I lean into his chest and close my eyes. “Just remember that I’m going to be here for you” He reminds me.

“I know you will Callum, I know you will”

*************

“I can’t believe all of this happened without me knowing. You are keeping too much secrets from me now” Daila said with a wide smile on her face. I roll my eyes at her and carry out sorting out some paperwork.

“Well I guess some things are meant to be kept locked away” I respond back to her.

“Oh please April you and I both know that you aren’t the type to keep secrets in for so long”

“That isn’t true. I’m a good secret keeper” She laughs at my reaction and lightly slaps my arm.

“You carry on; I’m going to get myself some coffee. You want anything?”

“Um….I think I’ll pass”

“Alright, see you in a minute darling”

“You too”

Who knew that doing paperwork for Leo would be so boring! I thought I would have gotten used to it by now but I guess I was wrong. Taking a deep breath I release the papers from my hand and relax back into my chair. I wonder what Callum is doing right now.

“Miss Lily?” Quickly straight up I look at the receptionist who entered the office.

“Um, yes?” I ask her.

“There’s someone here to see Mr Salvatore”

“Mr Salvatore is in a meeting right now” I tell her.

“Yes but this person really wants to see Mr Salvatore urgently”

“Ok just send the person in here and I’ll talk to them” She gives me a smile and walks out the door. Wonder who wants to meet Leo so urgently. A couple of seconds later there was a knock on the door. Ah hah, looks like that person is here.

“Come in” I say as loud as I can. The door opens to reveal….Caleb? What the hell is Caleb doing here? “Caleb, what the hell are you doing here?” I ask him. He shuts the door behind him and makes his way over to my desk.

“April it was the only way I could contact you. This is important” He says quickly. He looked around a couple of times and seemed very nervous and scared.

“Caleb what happened, why do you look so scared?”

“April I haven’t got enough time. What time do you leave the office?”

“But Ca-“

“What time do you leave the office?” He asks again impatiently.

“I…I leave early today. I leave at five but what the hell is going on?”

“No time to explain right now but just meet me outside of the building. I’ll be waiting for you and make sure no one is with you as well”

“Caleb you’re scaring me”

“Trust me April, just trust me. Promise me that you’ll wait for me”

“I promise” He gives me a small smile and takes my hand in his giving it a little tap.

“You won’t regret it” And just like that he ran out of the door. What does Caleb want to tell me that makes it so urgent?

WHAT DO YOU THINK CALEB WANTS TO TELL APRIL?

BY THE WAY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. COLLEGE IS HECTIC WITH ALL OF THE ASSIGNMENTS I HAVE TO DO AND GIVE IN.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT.