(Fix a Heart)

“Cameron, there was absolutely no did for any of this” He looks at my face through the review mirror and rolls his eyes at me. If Cameron thinks I’ll easily move on from him dying then he has something new coming his way. Sure, I took it in but that doesn’t mean I can forget about it in a flash.

“Callum?”

“Y-yeah?”

“Tell your girlfriend to shut her mouth” My mouth hung open on its own accordance as Cameron smirks from the front seat. How dare he?!

“Cameron don’t tell me to shut my mouth. You literally blackmailed Leo into letting me and Callum get out of work for something which you won’t even tell me”

“April stop being such a drama queen. You were never like this” Humour was filled in his voice as he turned a corner.

“I’m not being a drama queen Cam, I’m being realistic. I have every right to question your movements around me”

“I just want to see you happy, is that too much to ask for?!” He exploded. I stare at the back of his head in shock as sadness fills me. Sinking back into the seat I look out the window. If you really want to see me happy Cameron then you should have told me all of this the minute you found out yourself.

“April?” I hear Callum’s soft voice call out. I look over at him to see he is looking at me sadly. “Come here” He whispers, he opens his arms out a little so I move up and sit next to him with his arms around me. Leaning my head against his chest all that can be heard is the sound of the car and Callum’s heartbeat against my ear.  I feel myself relaxing against his body as my eyes close on its own.       

“We’re here” Cameron says in the awkward silence. Lifting my head up I look out the window from Callum’s side to see we are in a parking lot. “Callum, you know the drill from here. Call me when you’re finished” Wait, Callum knows about all of this? I can see Callum tense his jaw, he seems to notice my gaze on his face because he looks into my eyes.

“I’ll explain” He says before kissing my cheek. He opens the door to the car and gets up.

“Have a nice time April” Cameron tells me before I get out. I look at the back of his head but he doesn’t look back at me. Sighing to myself I get out and take hold of Callum’s hand. He shuts the door from behind me as we both watch Cameron drive off.

“Now can you explain to me what is going to Callum?” Callum gives me a small smile and puts his arm around my waist while dragging me out of the parking lot.

“Straight after you told me Cameron was dying; I decided to call him while you and Daila were gone out for some lunch. He told me that you were very upset about all of this and he wants to make it all up to you before its time for him to go. He set a date up for us so we can get to know each other more” I couldn’t believe my ears because Cameron wasn’t a big fan of Callum from the beginning, but this shows that Cameron really does care about my feelings.

“He did that?”

“Yes. You should be a little nicer to him you know” Callum expresses.

“Am I harsh to him?”

“Um….”

“Callum” I say warning him.

“Yes, you are harsh to him” Letting out a sigh I look away from Callum’s gaze and into the open street. Why am I such a bitch sometimes? Why can’t I just accept that my life is planned and whatever is happening is for a reason?

“Can you really blame me? What would you do if you found out your best friend is dying and he’s acting like it’s all ok?” This time it’s Callum who lets out a deep breath.