(Coming Home)

4 days later

“Mom, dad I’m going to miss you” I said to both of them as we all hugged in the middle of the airport. Mom and dad told me that I could go because obviously it was job related and the fact that I could see everyone else again.

“Have a safe trip there April” Dad said rubbing my back. You will not cry April; I repeat you will not cry, you will see your parents again. Wrapping my arms tighter around both of them I wanted to make the moment last. I felt a tap on my shoulder making me loosen my arms from around the two people that I would be separated from for at least one whole year. Turning around my eyes locked into a pair of blue eyes-it was Mr Salvatore.

“April it’s time to go now” He said softly looking between me and my parents. Nodding my head like a robot I concentrated back on mom and dad.

“Bye you guys” I murmured tenderly. They both gave me weak smiles in return, turning back around I went over to Mr Salvatore as we started to walk away into the opposite direction.

**********

“You been on a plane before April?” Mr Salvatore asked me as we both but our belts on around us, rolling my eyes I smirked at him.

“Of course I have how do you think I got here four years ago?” I asked him, he chuckled slightly and relaxed back into his seat.

“Sir where are we going to based?” I asked him. He looked at me.

“We are going to be working at my dad’s office and don’t call me sir we are not exactly at work” He said giving me his daily smile. I smiled myself and sat back into the comfy seat.

“Well if you don’t want me to call you sir, what do you want me to call you?”

“Leonardo” He said proudly. I don’t know why but if someone has the name Leonardo then I will have to compare them to Leonardo DiCaprio.

“That’s amazing you have the same first name as Leonardo DiCaprio…call I call you Leo?” I asked him excitedly. My body was shaking like I drained a pipe full of sugar and smiling like the joker. He looked at me blankly for a second but then broke out laughing; I started to laugh along with him as he took my hand in his. Ok what? The pipe must have stopped flowing sugar in my system because I stopped laughing and instead just looking into his calm hazel eyes. Looking away from me I looked at our locked hands.

“April, I know this is inappropriate and the wrong thing to say but I…I really like you. I don’t care if your one of my co-workers and I’m your boss I just felt a spark when I first saw you and ever since then I just couldn’t get you out of my head. I tried every day to at least fight the feeling that was building inside me but it was too good to ignore and….I want us t be together but I just need to know if you feel the same way about me. If you do then please tell me because I will try and do my best in whatever you want to do. Just….please” He blurted out. I…I don’t know what to say? He’s my boss and he feels this way about me, I don’t even like him…..what….what just happened? It’s like my mind is trying to fit a few puzzles together but can’t find the right piece to go along with the rest. I must have blanked out for a bit because a few of blackness swiped past my eyes. Coming back to reality I saw Mr Salvatore looking at my face probably waiting for an answer.

“Look….I….I can’t” I told him delicately hoping it would let him down more easily than I hoped, but the hope I was trying to get rid still seemed to be running inside of him.

“It doesn’t matter if I’m your boss April…I’ll work everything out” He said to me desperately. Closing my eyes in annoyance I forcefully took my hands out of his and rubbed my hands on my face hoping for it to calm me down.