(Heart skips a beat)

At the hospital

“Ok I’ve put three stitches on your arm and I apologize for your pain” The doctor said sincerely looking at me in guilt. I was still conscious when they were putting the stitches on my arm and it went really awkward in between.

*Flashback*

“We’ll have to put stitches on your arm” The doctor said examining the blood coming out of the deep cut. My eyes widened as he said the‘s’ word. I don’t want to have stitches.

“You mean that thing with a needle and thread?” The doctor nodded his head and walked away. My heart started beating fast as I looked at him taking the stuff out from the draw.

“April it’s all going to be ok” I heard Mr Benson say from next to me. He has surprisingly been really nice to me ever since what happened-he is probably feeling really guilty.

“But…..will he be doing it while I’m conscious?” I asked him, he gently nodded his head.

“Alright then let’s get this started” The doctor said coming back to me with the needle thing and the thread thingy-ma-bob. He gently took my arm, so I clenched my hand into a fist; the doctor looked up at me and raised an eyebrow.

“April I need you to relax your arm” I quickly shook my head as a no as fear raised in me. “There is no need to be afraid, just look the other way you won’t even feel a thing” I shook my head again.

“April look at me” I heard Mr Benson say calmly. I never listened to him but just closed my eyes.

“I…..I can’t” I told him specifically.

Suddenly, I felt his big soft, warm embracing hand cover my small one. I looked down at our hands and everything felt peaceful.

“April?” I looked up and saw his eyes looking sincerely into mine. “It’s going to be ok; if you don’t look then you won’t feel so much pain. Ok?”

“Ok” Suddenly, a loud gasp left my mouth as I felt something poke into my skin. Closing my eye tightly I hoped the pain would go away, but it just ended up getting worse-stupid doctor, stupid clumsy me!”

“Look maybe you should calm down on the needle!” I heard Mr Benson shout to the doctor; looking at his face he looked irritated and disturbed.

“Mr Benson?” He looked at my face and relaxed his facial expressions.

“I know it hurts but, April think about all of those other bad things that have happened to you. Have any bad things happened to you?” He said. I started thinking and flashes of painful injuries occurred to my mind.

“Yeah a lot” I told him honestly. His hand was still on mine and I felt comfortable with it.

“One time my mom told me to shut the oven door I shut it and the oven door’s glass broke with the whole thing crashing down to my feet. Another time, I was getting ice cream out and me being clumsy instead of moving back and getting up I got up and banged my head on top of the fr- OW!” I screamed out loudly. Mr Bensons hand left mine as he stood up, fury written all over his face.

“What the hell did I tell you dude?! Are you trying to fix her arm or try to permanently take it off?” He said loudly. The doctor gulped and his hand was still on my arm.

“I’m sorry sir but I’ve finished she was badly injured that’s why she was feeling so much pain, I never had the intention of actually trying to hurt her” Mr Benson gave him a glare and at back down.

*End of flashback*

“Where are Selena and Caleb gone?” I asked Mr Benson once we left the entrance to the hospital door.

“They went home. Caleb had some family event to go to and Selena said her mom wanted her to come home” I gave him a small smile as we both walked side to side in complete silence

“So…….”

“So…….”

“Do you want to get a haircut?” I stopped in my tracks and looked at him with wide eyes.

“A haircut? What makes you think I want a haircut?” I told him crossing my arms over my chest. He shrugged and pointed towards my hair.

“It is long” He said pointing out the obvious.

“I would love to but I don’t know what my mom’s expression would be. My dad has wanted me to get a haircut but I don’t know” He laughed at what I said.

“Normally it’s the other way round” He said.

“Actually, you know what let’s go and get my hair cut sir, and you have to get your hair cut short as well”

“Fine by me. Let’s go and catch a cab”

“Ok April you can open your eyes now” I opened my eyes and saw what my hair looked like. A smile spread across my face as I saw what my hair looked like. It was cut short to my shoulders in layers, and my hair seemed to look browner.

“So, what do you think about mine?” I turned around and saw Mr Bensons hair was spiked up which made his eyes look much brighter.

“You look awesome. Thank you so much for suggesting, I love it” He smiled at me and gestured for me to get out of the seat.

“How much?” Mr Benson said to the hairdresser.

“Oh no, I’m going to pay for us” He looked at me and frowned.

“Look April I suggested it so I will pay” This time I gave him a frown.

“Actually its free you guys are just too cute together” The lady said. I looked at her shocked.

“Oh we are not dating” I told her quickly. She looked a bit disappointed but hid it with a sorry look.

“Anyway, thank you but I think we got to go now. Here you go” He handed her some money and grabbed my arm taking me out of the hairdressers.

APRIL'S NEW HAIRSTYLE------------------------------------------------------