(Prologue) Book Three

Chapters I will be posting now are book three.

4 years later

“Come on please!” I yelled out loudly from my seat. The only reply I got back was laughter, how sick is this person?  They just don’t understand that I really want to do this but noooo it has to go to Teresa. Well she’s nothing but a sore jealous loser.

“You can’t even compete with me” I heard her say from behind my seat. Good thing I’ve got a chair that rolls around, twisting the chair around I gave her a fake smile. Stupid blonde bimbo!

“I have and I’ve won many times and you know what….you can take this job because only desperate skanks like you deserve to do something like this” I told her calmly.  She looked at me viscously and tightened her hands making them into fists also wow I never knew the hand could go that pale.

“You bloody slut!” She yelled. I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from laughing, someone please save me right now. I think I’m going to die in laughter. Her face is tomato red as her light sapphire eyes suddenly turned really dark.

“Teresa come to the office right now!” I heard our boss yell. Yes…now she is going to get it from him! She looked away from my face and at our boss. And when I first got this job I so was not complaining. He is a very good looking man with his mixture of blonde and light brown hair which always seemed to be in a messy bed hairstyle. His sky blue eyes always seemed to shine in happiness as well but not today, he actually looks really angry. The atmosphere in the room also suddenly changed as everyone grew silence staring at his face.

“But I didn’t do anything” She replied back softly. Never did anything my ass? Called me a slut and decided that she could get away with it, especially with the tone of voice she was using I don’t think so.

“Never did anything? You must be on a high, get into the office now!” He screamed again. A chuckle left my lips, shit! Quickly turning back around I looked at the computer screen hoping he never heard me laugh. Please say he never heard me laugh, please say he never heard me laugh!

“April do you find something amusing?” I heard him say tenderly this time instead of yelling. Phew! He’s not going to be angry with me…yet he hardly is. Turning around slightly to face him I gave him a wide smile.

“No…not at all I just remembered a joke that’s all” I said carefully making sure that my sentences came out well and structured.

“Well ever since you seem to be involved in why Teresa was shouting at you I suggest you come into my room as well. I want both of you in here in thirty seconds” He disappeared through the doors, facing Teresa we both glared at each other and that meant one thing. Good thing I wore my flats on today.

Zooming out of my chair we both stumbled and pushed each other as we tried to see who could reach his office first. We managed to make it but got stuck in between the pathway of the door. Crap! Oww that hurts, she’s bloody pushing me up against the broken wood part of the door, the stupid crack head. I gave her a shove which made her stumble back. Opening the door to his office I walked in casually sitting in the seat that was right opposite him. He must have noticed my presence because he looked up at me from his paper work. Giving me a small smile I gladly returned it. Hearing the door shut from behind me I knew that Teresa entered the room, no wonder it’s suddenly so suffocating in here.

Mr Salvatore looked behind my shoulder and rolled his hazel eyes, probably in annoyance.

“You were supposed to come in here first Teresa…stupida ragazza” I heard him mutter at the end. Yes you are right, she is a stupid girl. From the corner of my eye I saw her sit in the empty chair that was right next to me.

“Ok now what hell was that about?” He asked looking at the both of us.

“Well basically Teresa just came up to my face saying ‘you can’t compete with me’” I said copying her annoying voice. Hearing her gasp I just carried on. “And then I got a little angry so I will admit I did say some things to her but she just called me a slut which I think was totally out of the question” I told Mr Salvatore. His eyes narrowed but he still nodded his head. Turning to face Teresa he leaned back into his chair.

“And is this true Teresa?” He asked. I looked at her myself smirking, but Mr Salvatore couldn’t see it because my blonde hair was covering my face and yes I dyed my hair blonde.

“Y..yes” She replied to him. Looking back at Mr Salvatore he looked between the both of us again.

“Ok fine….Teresa you will not do the assignment I set for you but now April will do it because you did start this after all. Please go back to doing your work” Once he said that, I felt my stomach doing flips and I myself was doing a little happy dance from the inside.

She stormed out of the office leaving of her anger. I turned to face Mr Salvatore who had a smile on his face. I couldn’t help but smile back at him.

“Are you glad I gave you the job April?” He asked me. I sighed and looked away.

“I guess in a way I was looking forward to it and I’m glad I’ve got it now” I told him truthfully. He nodded his head.

“Well we’re going New York” That’s it….that’s all I needed to hear. New York, where I left everything behind.

“W-which part of New York?” I asked him quickly. He looked down at his papers and began looking through them.

“Albany” He replied.

One name just came to my mind….Bryan