(The first time ever I saw your face)

“Do you Beryl Benson take Zachary Louis as your lawfully wedded husband?” The priest said asking Beryl. Which I just learned right now was Mr Benson’s sister’s name. Mr Benson was the best man so he was standing at the side and I was sitting at the front row with his mom, I thought it would be awkward but we were laughing all the way through.

“I do” She said shyly while putting the finger on his left fore finger.

“And do you Zachary Louis take Beryl Benson as your lawfully wedded wife?” He gave her a smile and put the ring on.

“I do” He said looking at her with love, kind of like the look at Mr Benson gives me when we are acting like we are in love.

“You may now kiss the bride” Zachary leant down and kissed her softly on the lips as we all stood up cheering them on, I smiled and clapped. Mr Benson was looking really happy as he clapped; he caught my eye and winked at me.

“Looks like both of you will be up their very soon as well” His mom said teasingly to me, giving her a small smile I stopped clapping. “You should meet my husband he will be very happy to see you I don’t know how Bryan has been dating you for a year and kept it from us for that long” She said very fastly.

“Yeah I don’t know how he does it”

“You already know how he looks like, I’ll go get him, and you go to Bryan” She pushed me a little towards his direction. I walked towards him; Mr Benson saw me and began making his way towards me as well.

“Hey….where did my mom wonder of to this time?” He said.

“She’s gone to find your dad, she said she wants to introduce me to him” Mr Benson gasped.

“What….what happened, are you ok?” I put my hand on his arm; his skin was very warm against my touch. Noticing now, he had removed his blazer and rolled his arm sleeves up to his elbow.

“My dad…..he is very risky”

“Risky?”

“Yeah risky, he doesn’t approve of some of my specific relationships after…..

“After what?”

“My mom, isn’t my actual mom she is my step-mom, because my actual mom had only been with my dad for money so he always asks weird questions asking if they are gold diggers” I don’t know why, I shouldn’t have but I ended up laughing, I put my hand on my mouth to cover it up.

“I’m so sorry for laughing but I am liking your dad so far” He chuckled lowly.

“Yeah he can be funny but don’t tell me that I didn’t warn you” He said raising a finger to him, I did a surrending thing was my hands. “Oh and speak of the devil” I turned around and saw his m-. Step mom coming towards me with the same guy that was walking Beryl down the aisle and he looked exactly like the older version of Mr Benson.

“April this is my husband and Bryans dad George Benson” She said. I looked at him and stuck my hand out.

“It’s nice to meet you sir” He took hold of my hand firmly shaking it, he let go and let my hand fall to my side.

“Who is this Bryan?” His dad said looking at him.

“This is my girlfriend April” Mr Benson said looking at me proudly, I gave him a smile.

“Is she a gold digger to?” Mr Benson and my face turned into a frown.

“No dad she isn’t” He said tiredly.

“Are you a gold digger?” He said looking at me.

“No sir” I told him straightly. He nodded his head.

“You look a lot like Annabelle. She was polite, nice and a kind girl just like you” He said. I tightened a smile, why is everyone comparing me to this Annabelle girl? “But you know what was the matter with her and I can say the same about you by just how you look; you’re both weak, fragile, pathetic, delicate and can’t stand up for yourself” How dare he. Tears were swelling up in my eyes as he indicated those words to me.

“If you will just excuse me” I said underneath my breath, I walked past Mr Bensons dad as I heard him calling out my name and telling me to come back. I ignored him and kept the tears in my eyes. Once I reached outside I started running.

“April please stop, I’m begging you” I heard him say from the distance. I stopped and turned around to look at him. I let him catch up to me as he had a sad look on his face. “Look I’m sorry I never knew he would say that, April please look at me” I still looked on the floor avoiding looking at him. “Come let me take you home” He walked in front of me; I followed him silently to the car as neither of us spoke to each other. I got in the car and put my seatbelt on looking out of the window.

                                                         ***

“Where are you going? My house just went past”

“I’m taking you to my place, you need to relax for a few minutes because we need to go to my parent’s house for some get together” He said. I sighed and leant comfortably on the seat. Is he seriously considering taking me to his parent’s house after what just happened? “We are here” He said stopping the car, I looked out of the window and saw an average sized house-the same size as mine.

I got out of the car and slowly walked to the door step waiting for him to follow me as well.

“Make yourself at home” He said, once he opened the door the first thing I smelled was well him which was manly strawberries and mints. His house was nicely decorated with not so much and not so little furniture. But I really liked his sofas.

“You have a very beautiful home” I told him, he smiled as we stood and looked at all of the living room.

“Thanks I decorated myself, shows I’ve got good taste then” He said laughing, I laughed along with him.

“So…..what time do we go to the party?” I asked him.

“In like two hours, by the way forgot to tell you but your mom gave me your dress and makeup stuff so why don’t you say we relax watch a movie, we get changed and then head of?”

“That sounds like a good plan” He smiled at my response.

“Take a seat and I’ll show you a collection of movies I’ve got” I sat down on the longest white sofa and tapped my feet on the chocolate brown carpet. He came back and sat down with a collection of movies. There was twenty-seven dresses, the notebook, a walk to remember, never been kissed-oh never been kissed I love that movie.

“Never been kissed” I told him.

“You girls are so predictable” He said going to put in the DVD.

“Well we girls love our romance”

“I’m sure you do”

A/N: BRYAN BENSON'S LIVING ROOM

WHAT DID YOU THINK OF HIS DAD? HARSH RIGHT