(Imagine)

“April can you come here for a second” I heard dad yell from the living room, I was to busy in the kitchen on my own eating a tub of vanilla ice cream-I love vanilla ice cream!

“Coming” I yelled back clearing my throat, getting of the counter I put the lid back on and opened the freezer putting it back in their, I smoothed down my shirt and walked inside to see dad lying down on the sofa.

“Yeah?”

“Mr Benson called asking me for a favour” He said calmly. Favour? What favour, and why did he ask dad for?

“What’s the favour?” I asked curiously.

“He said he wants to take you as company for his sisters wedding” Dad said coolly, does he not care that his daughter will technically be her teachers date.

“Why me?” I asked him.

“Because I suggested” Dad said.

“Dad! How could you ask without my permission?!” He rolled his eyes and started switching the channels.

“Stop complaining April, I’m sure it won’t be that bad”

“Yeah but it sure would be awkward”

(In school)

“Mr Bens-

My words got cut of as I saw him sitting in his classroom with the head teacher sitting across him they both looked at me, I gave a forced smile.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb, I’ll leave” I quickly turned around and bumped into someone-it was none other than Caleb.

“April I need to talk to you” He said more to himself than me.

“Cameron, sort your problem out with yourself before wanting to talk to me about anything” I walked around him so he couldn’t utter another word to me. I saw Hailey and Selena laughing together.

“Hailey I’m going to kill you!” I yelled loudly at her, no one else except the juniors were around so it didn’t matter. She saw my face and then ran one.

“Hey trader” I said to Selena, she rolled her eyes at me.

“How am I a trader?”

“For not sticking up for me when Hailey butted me” Selena sighed and tapped the top of my head.

“Oh silly April”

“April” I heard someone call me, I turned around and saw Mr Benson standing outside his classroom.

“I’ll be back” I said slurring to Selena. She gave me a smile and stood their, I speed walked up to him and followed him in the classroom.

“So I’m guessing your dad told me about you being my companion to the wedding, I’m sorry I know it was last minute but I couldn’t think of any one else to take” He said. I just noticed now but he actually looks really stressed.

“It’s ok, I mean sure it will be a bit awkward but this will give us an opportunity to get to know each other much better” He gave me a side smile and gestured for me to sit down, I gladly took up his offer and sat in the sit that the head teacher was sitting in.

“So….what lesson have you got after break?” He asked me while sipping the strong smell of his black coffee.

“I’ve got gym” I told him, he smiled a little and started cleaning his desk.

“What you don’t like it?” He said.

“Its not that, it’s just the teacher”

“What teacher do you have?”

“Mr Thompson” He laughed at my response.

“What, I thought all the girls liked him” He said. Giving him a side smile I grumbled.

“Well not me…..he more like flirts with all of the girls than actually teach and then when it comes to parents evening he goes that ‘oh she doesn’t even participate in lessons’” I said mocking his deep voice. Mr Benson started laughing at my impression.

“He does actually sound like that” He said calming down from his fits of laughter.

“Oh do you watch breaking bad?” I asked him, he nodded his head.

“Man I love that show” I told him honestly.

“Its ok, but I prefer Supernatural much more” I gasped.

“Oh my god I love supernatural especially Dean and Castial”

“Yeah I think I prefer Castial over Dean”

“You did not just say that”

“Oh but I did”

“Dean is much better in finding demons”

“Castial’s an angel who cant even die”

“Yeah….well…..Dean’s um….Dean’s much hotter!” I said exclaiming.

“Are you seriously going to complain that Dean is better good looking? You know what? You won this battle” He said obviously giving up.

“That is why no one talks to me about TV shows”

“I can clearly see why” He said.

BRINNNGGGGGG! BRINGGGGG!

“Well that’s the bell I got to go. By the way when and what time is the wedding?” I asked him.

“It’s this Saturday at five pm, don’t worry I’ll collect you from your house” I got up from the chair as he stayed seated.

“Well I guess I’ll see you next lesson then. Bye sir” I started walking out of the classroom.

“April?” I turned around and waited for him.

“Yeah?”

“Where the colour pink on, it will bring out the colour of your cheeks” I felt myself go red, I think he noticed because he winked at me,  I started smiling to myself as I left his classroom.

(Question Time)

Firstly, how did you find the chapter?

What has happened in the story so far?

What do you think will happen at the wedding?

Why do you think Mr Benson is suddenly being nice to April?

What would you do in April’s situation if Mr Benson was ever being angry/moody to you?

How would you feel if you were April?

When you are reading any chapter, what pictures do you see in your head?

What are you wondering while you read?