(All I've Ever Needed)

RECAP

“An order for a semi-skimmed cappuccino and original Costa coffee” Another lady shouted out from the other side. Getting up from my seat I make my way over to her and take the cups into my hands. Turning around someone instantly bumps into me making the cappuccino spill all over my shirt. A gasp leaves my mouth as I look at my drenched shirt.

“My shirt!” I exclaim in shock.

“I am so sorry” The voice replies.

“You better b…..Bryan”

___________________

No words could leave my mouth as I stared at the man that was once in my life. I tried to think of a comeback but it’s like my brain just blocked out every thinking process as I stared at Bryan. Should I be shocked, hurt, in pain now that I’ve seen his face after a couple of days? He seems perfectly normal to me. The way his hair is spiked up on his head, his clean shaved face along with his formal clothing that he has on. He’s probably going to school….I still remember that time when I bumped into him and he ended up giving me a detention for being late to school just because I was in Costa.

“It’s April….right?” He asked after a couple of seconds of silence. My eyes seemed to be glued to his lips as he spoke those three words. Those lips always used to kiss mine, smile at me and do all sorts of things but now….now they belong to someone else and I’ll never be able to see them ever again. “Listen…I’m really sorry about your shirt” He said awkwardly as he looked down at my shirt and back at my face. I look down to see that it’s created a big stain at the middle area of my chest making it see through. Great, what am I supposed to do now?

“Excuse me” I manage to mumble out as I walk past Bryan in order to get away from his presence, the more I’m around him the more it’ll make me give up from the goal I am trying to achieve which is to move on from him.

“Wait” I hear him say, but I ignore him as I walk a little faster. Only three inches away from the door, I can do it. Before I could even open the door with my arm Bryan came in the way blocking my exit. I sigh as I look into those green/blue eyes from the first time they captivated my presence. From his facial expression he seemed very tired from having to run after me. Why is he running after me anyway? He clearly called me a stalker and it’s what he is doing to me right now.

“What do you want?” I ask in clear annoyance. I don’t want to be annoyed at him, I want him to follow me and try to remember me but him and me both know that if I keep that up then it won’t get me anywhere.

“I just want to have a quick conversation with you” He said. Rolling my eyes at him I try to walk past him but he completely blocks my way, turning around I see that there are a few people waiting behind me to get out. I look back at his face to see determination this time.

“Only for one minute” I reply back. He gives me a small smile and opens the door for me to walk through. That’s a first. I walk through the door to be hit by the cool fresh breath of the wind as I stand next to Bryan but not close enough to touch. He looks at me and shoves his hands in his trouser pockets.

“I just wanted to know if you were ok considering the reunion in school…. and what happened to you” He adds on. All I can do is just stare at his face as he waits for a reply from me. What do you want to hear Bryan? That I miss you, that I wish you would remember me and tell me that it’s all going to be ok?

“I’m perfectly fine and if you will excuse me my boss is waiting for me” I tell him. I walk past him only to find myself stopping in my tracks. My heart beat slowly started to decrease as the contact of his hand never left my arm. Why are you doing this to me Bryan? I slowly turn my head around to meet with his eyes.