Reunited (Zombie! Ichimatsu x reader)

I was walking with my dog through the almost abandoned city of Japan. I sighed when I saw all the destruction of my city home from the zombies and some humans. It's been maybe 2 months since the outbreak. I was lucky to find this husky, which I named Rosie, so at least I wasn't alone. Another reason I was so sad is that since this outbreak happened I couldn't find the matsuno brothers.

When news of the outbreak was released I left to try and find them. Hoping they survived and were okay. But now I'm losing hope that they are still alive. I cried at the thought that they had turned. Especially considering the fact that I was dating one of the brothers. Rosie's growling brought me out of my thoughts. Then she ran off barking into a building.

"No Rosie!"

I shout and run after her. Who knows what she heard. A human; possibly. A zombie; very possible. So I ran into the building to see her at a shadowed corner. I saw the outline of something pressed into the corner. They seemed to be afraid of Rosie. Which made me think it was a human. I gently grip onto Rosie's collar and pull her back. "I am so sorry. She can be very protective." I say and hear a groan.

My heart jolts as the groan was zombie's groan. I back up a bit and hear slow, uncoordinated footsteps with strained groans and breaths. I let out a scream and run as it lunges at me. Rosie stayed behind barking but then I heard a whimper from her before hearing heavy footsteps. I scream as I was pushed to the ground. I struggled a bit before lifting my arm and swing my elbow hard, successfully knocking the zombie off me. I fumbled to get my huntsman knife and stood up. I turn to face the now standing zombie and froze.

My arms drop slightly when I realized who it was. Tears came to my eyes as I say the name "I-Ichimatsu?" He have a strained groan and staggered towards me. I back up holding the knife to my side. "Oh my god..no." I mumble and flinch as my back hit a wall. Ichimatsu was now in front of me with a vacant look in his eyes and on his face. I lift my hand to hold his cheek "Why? Why you?" His mouth slowly dropped open releasing an agonized groan.

I did something stupid.

Something risky.

I drop my knife and lunged forward to hug him. He groaned softly, it sounded like a confused groan. He struggled in my hold and tears fell from my eyes. "Oh Ichimatsu...I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." I kept apologizing and he went still. After a few minutes I heard scratchy voice trying to speak. I pull back to see he was trying to speak. I raise my eyebrows in surprise at his attempts to speak. "Y..Y..Y/n?"

My eyes widen and my heart clenched. I nod "Yes. Yes that's right. I'm y/n." I say softly and he grunts "y..y-you...a-alive" I laugh softly "y-yeah..I am..I wish you were." He smiles the best he could and lifts his arms to wrap around me. "..I..I'm..h-here..least" tears flowed heavily from my eyes "That's true I guess...and at least you remember me." I say and he slowly nods before hugging me closer.

I was a little tense when he nuzzled my neck but relaxed when he didn't bite me. I hug him tighter and he pulled back to stare at me. "..m-missed..you...l-love..y..you." I smile and kiss his cheek "I missed you too and I still love you too." He let out a grunt and leaned forward to kiss my cheek.

He went still again before leaning in to kiss me. My eyes widen but flutter closed as I kiss back. His lips were so cold now but I didn't really care. I smile softly and wrap my arms around his neck before pulling back. "That feels so different." I mumble and he nods "y..yeah..l-let's go..brothers.." I perk up "your brothers are still here too?" He nods and I smile and nod "let's go."

We went to leave and I grab Rosie. Turns out all he did was scare her. Together we went to his brothers. We eventually found them in a wooden area, staggering around. After Ichimatsu explained what happened the brothers seemed happy to see me again. Even happier to see I was alive and hadn't been turned. So now I wasn't alone. I had Rosie and the zombified brothers. But I was especially happy to find my boyfriend again and I was lucky that he remembered me.

We were a happy family again. Albeit a little strange.