Cold Showers

You're supposed to drink your school worries away on Spring Break. You're supposed to do stupid things you would never dream of doing and blame it on the alcohol. You're supposed to wake up next to random strangers and sneak out before you have to talk about what happened.

So with that in mind, I guess waking up with my leg draped across another chick wasn't so out of the ordinary. It would have been less awkward, however, had she not been awake and staring at the ceiling. "Bella, I think you misunderstood me when I suggested we try to be friends again."

I pulled my leg away. "Then you shouldn't have climbed into bed with me. You're sending me mixed signals." I rolled over to find the other side of the bed empty. "Where's Jacob?"

"He went to help those other idiots board up the windows." She sat up and stretched. "I'm going to take a cold shower." When I smirked, she rolled her eyes, "Not because of you conceited. The previous owners of this shack weren't intelligent enough to purchase a gas water heater instead of an electric. I don't understand how people can be so incompetent."

"Rose," I propped myself up on my elbows "You are not allowed to use big words like that on Spring Break." She flipped me off and went to take a shower.

Not ready to get up, I rolled over and buried my face in my pillow. "Are you fucking crazy Bella?" a severely angry voice questioned.

I groaned, "Why do people keep asking me that?"

"I told you to get out of these fucking mountains." My head snapped up. There stood Edward in my room in all his angry glory.

"How did you get in here?" Not that I minded.

He jerked his head towards my window. "They missed one."

"We're on the second floor," I said stupidly.

"Do you really think that will stop someone who wants in badly enough?" he asked. "You have no idea what you're up against. I told you to get out of here. Why didn't you just listen to me?" He said that last part more to himself as he ran a hand through his hair, gripping it with frustration.

"I tried to get them to leave. No one wants to go out there and face whatever monster that is," I argued.

He huffed, "You have no idea--"

"Then why don't you fucking tell me?" I snapped. "I'm so sick of this mysterious bullshit. Just tell me what's going on, so I can explain it to them. They won't leave just because you said so."

"You want to know?" he asked dangerously. "I'll show you."

I didn't have time to process what he was saying before I was on his back, hanging on for dear life as he leapt through the window. I wanted to scream, but I knew the others would hear me. I was torn between doing the smart thing and doing the exciting thing.

When we hit the ground, he dropped me to my feet and grabbed my wrist, pulling me along behind him. "I can walk without your assistance, you know."

"Don't get an attitude with me Bella," he warned, still pulling me.

"Don't tell me what to do," I shot back. He was incredibly hot, but that didn't mean he had to be a jerk.

He suddenly stopped walking and yanked me to him. "Listen to me carefully. You wanted to know what was out here, and I'm risking both of our lives to show you. The least you can do is shut the fuck up and not get us killed."

"I wanted you to tell me, not show me," I whispered angrily. I wasn't very thrilled about this whole possible death situation. "I am two months away from finishing college, and I'll be damned if I've worked this hard for nothing."