Chapter 46: The Runaways

Emily POV :

Driving 5hrs straight going West. I looked at Alison as she was sound asleep, she looked so peaceful. I looked at Mason in my rear view and he was asleep too, My little angel, it's crazy how he's here with me right now. Paying attention to the road I saw the sign I've been waiting to see. Welcome to Rhode Island !

I kept driving for miles until I got off the road. I remember like it was yesterday coming up here as a kid. We use to spend our summers here, My dad called it a Cabana I called it a private beach house off the coast of Rhode I. Pulling into the garage with the key opener, I saw Alison eyes flutter open.

"Hey gorgeous I'm glad your awake," I said removing her hair from her face. Alison groaned, "Where are we ?" She asked sluggish. "Rhode I," I simply said getting out the car. Alison jolted up in shock, "Why are we in Rhode Island Emily," She said getting out the car. "We're at the safe house okay my dad left it in his will for me I use to come up here when I was a kid to visit him.." I trailed off sadly.

"You guys will be safe here, and I'm commute back and forth," I communicated. Alison shook her head, "No, Emily I want you here with me," She sobbed. "I still have to work Alison and go to school so that means I have to commute plus I have to help you graduate that means arranging something with mr Hackett," I said getting the bag out the car. "Please don't tell him about my incident," Alison said alarming. "Calm down Charlie's Angels okay I won't," I said removing back from the truck.
"Please take Mason inside and put him in the third room upstairs," I asked Alison while I started moving bags inside.

Alison POV :

I went over to Mason's side of the car, opening the door unstrapping Mason. How did he know I was hit by a parent ? Was he hit by his mom ? His step dad ? A pimp .. Poor Mason. I carried him inside and I was in awe of the place. It was almost sunrise so the lightly in the room was breath taking.

It gave me tropical vibes, with a little private beach outside. Ooh fancy, I walked up stairs and counted the rooms. 1...2...3 opening up the door I see a guest room with a queen size bed in it with a nice view. I went over and laid Mason on the bed. Tucking him causing him to snuggle into his pillow falling in deep slumber. There's something about this kid I don't know what it is. Makes me want to protect him and be here for him. I play with his hair and look over him while he's sleeping.

"Ali I-" I heard Emily say as she came into the room. I shot my eyes up at her "Sorry I was just watching him sleep," I admitted. Emily walked in slowly smiling, "No it's okay it makes me think about how awesome of a mother your gonna be," She said sweetly. I blushed at the brunette, "Wassup Em ?" I asked her curiously. "I wanted to ice your face," Emily said with a caring tone.

I nodded my head, "and a bubble bath ?" I added. "I'll go get the water ready," Emily said putting her hand on my thigh. I watched her rise from the bed, "Emily.." I said out loud, "Yes ?" Emily responded quickly. "Mason said something in the car.." I began to explain. Emily cocked her head to the side in confusion, "About ?" She wanted and need more.

"He knew that I was hit... my father but he asked me if I was hit my mom..." I barely could get the words out. "I think he was abused Emily.." I continued expressing my concerns. Emily eyes widen.

Pam POV :

I woke up early at 3am hearing someone pounding on my door. Who in the hell ! I got up swiftly and went downstairs. Opening the door I saw Mr. DiLaurentis standing there, he doesn't look too happy. "Can I help you Kenneth ?" I asked covering myself in my robe.

"Where's Alison I know she here !" He yelled at me, "Kenneth lower your tone it's three in the morning," I said restlessly. "Bullshit !" He snapped at me. I stared into his eyes, yep he's drunk. "Kenneth you're daughter isn't here," I told him a little more clearer. I looked outside and I didn't see Emily's car. Strange, "Okay goodbye now," I said politely closing the door in his face.

I turned around in confusion and walked up to Emily's bedroom. Knocking on it lightly, "Emily ?" I said softly. I twisted the door knob entering Emily's bedroom, No one was in here. Walking further into the room there was a note on the bed.

Dear Mom,

Alison came around 11pm with a bruise on her face. I think my family is in danger I'll be home soon, I'm taking Ali and Mason up the safe house in Rhode I, ill explain when I get back. - Love Emily

I stared at the paper in disbelief, Did Kenneth hit Alison. I called Emily... no answer

I went into Ruby's room to see if she was there, she was sleep with Hanna. I exhaled, I went into the kitchen to make coffee sitting up waiting for my daughter to come through those doors.

7 hours gone by, Okay now I'm getting worried. Until I heard the door open and close, rushing to go talk to my daughter I caught her walking up the stairs. She looked so exhausted, "Emily.. can we talk ?" I asked calmly. "Mom please okay I just drove 10hrs from here to Rhode Island and back," Emily said tirelessly. I looked down, "Mr. DiLaurentis came over at 3am looking for Alison," I communicated to Emily.

She looked at me with bag under her eyes, "I know he's the one who hit her," Emily confessed as she continued walking upstairs, "Once I get my beauty sleep I'm gonna go fuck him up," Emily added slamming her bedroom door. I exhaled at my daughters anger for her girlfriend, walking up stairs to knock on Emily's bedroom door. "Sweetie," I said sweetly walking in.

Laying eyes on Emily, she look like she just collapsed on her bed face first. I went over to join her laying my head on her back as I felt her chest ascending and descending controlling her breathing, "I love you more than anything Emily don't do something you'll regret," I said softly..

"I love you too mom," Emily groaned out her sleep.