Chapter 29: The Aftermath

Emily POV :

This Maya-Free weekend had Alison acting like a whole new girlfriend. The sex has gotten ten times better let's not forget more adventurous too. Just the other day she wanted to fuck me in the mall. I know what your thinking, Did she do it ? Of course I did. Even the conversations have gotten more interesting. The best part of it all is that Alison finally let her guard down and started to trust me again.

"Babe," I heard Alison voice snapping me out of it. I turned my attention towards her, "Yes princess," I said sweetly. She smiled pointing to the leadership board. Oh ! My turn to bowl.

"Thanks babe you keep me on my toes," I kissed her forehead and go up. I looked around and the whole gang is here. Ruby held out her hand as I gave her a handshake before I took my turn.

I picked up my choice of a size 10 bowling ball. I looked back at Alison winking at me. Taking a deep breath, facing the lane I lifted the ball up to my nose and lined my elbow up to the middle pin as I did a quick three step move, pulling back my arm and let the bowling ball leave my fingers. Resulting in a strike, "ooohh !!" Everyone started cheering and clapping. I pumped my fist below my waist in victory walking back to Alison smiling.

"You did great babe," Alison reminded me giving me a chaste kiss on the lips. "All for you babe," I smiled kissing her back. "Ruby it's your turn," I heard Hanna say causing Ruby to get up to go bowl.

Aria POV :

I'm really enjoying myself hanging out with my friends. Stress-free and drama-free but I keep thinking maybe, we shouldn't get too comfortable.

"Hey Aria, you okay ?" Spencer asked as all the girls turned their attention towards me. Ruby was still taking her turn, I sat up as the girls followed my lead and came closer to hear me. "I know Maya is back in California but I forgot an important detail," I confessed.

"Spill the tea Kermit," Hanna snapped. "Shut up Hanna," Alison and Em said in unison. I took a breath as Spencer rubbed my shoulder, "Lyndon is still here and I don't know why he stayed," I explained.

I saw Alison and Emily look at each other worried as Hanna's face turned pale and Spencer winced at the sound of his name. Way to kill the mood Aria, Ruby came over from her turn sitting next to Hanna. "What I miss ?" Ruby asked looking around.

"Lyndon is still in town," Emily cut short now, I can literally feel the tension.

Alison POV :

After bowling and Aria dropping that bomb I didn't feel safe in my own bed. So I'm staying with Emily, I stood on the far side of Emily's bedroom looking at all her trophies from when she use to swim. I bit my lip and smiling at a younger photo of Emily. She looks so young and reckless.

"I was cute huh ?" Emily smirked at me holding extra pillows. I went over to her, "Oh yea the cutest," I teased her. Emily threw the pillows on the bed smiling at me. Then I went and flopped on top of them. Hearing my girlfriend giggling at me, "So Babe," She began to say as Emily joined me on the bed playing with my blonde curls. I love when she does that.

Rolling over to look at my girlfriend, "Yes Emmy," I said. She looked like something was bothering her. I sat up against her headboard, "Emily what is it ?" I was concerned. "Me and Ruby are gonna go talk to Lyndon figure out why he still here," Emily suggested. "Uhh no you're not, Babe please just stay out his way," I said protectively. "If that guy was here to kill Maya I don't want you near him understand ," I continued. She nodded and came to lay her head on my chest. As I hold her I felt her arms wrap around my waist.

Spencer POV :

I was driving to drop Aria off at home but the whole car ride was silent. I could tell Aria was tense. And I thought I was tense. I pulled up in front of her house, putting my car in park "Thanks Spence," Aria said as she began to get out the car. "Wait Aria," I stopped her.

Aria gave me a look, "Wassup Spence ?" She asked curiously . "I know your freaked out about Lyndon still being here but remember he's not out to get us," I reminded her. Aria closed the door and faced me, "But Maya and Cassie aren't here anymore so why stay ?" Aria was completely puzzled. Shrugging my shoulders, "Maybe, he thought we were lying to him and he wants to feel out Rosewood," I suggested.

Aria looked down then back up at me, "Goodnight Spence," She said and got out the car. I exhaled and put my car in drive. Of course, I waited until Aria was in the house before I pulled off, with Lyndon on all our minds I don't think any of us are getting any sleep.

Next Day

Ruby POV :

Once I woke up to hear Emily's voicemail I knew had to go meet her at the brew. Leaving Hanna in bed sound asleep, I swear she can sleep through a fire alarm. I kissed her on the cheek and left.

"Have you seen Emily ?" I heard a voice say before I closed my door trying not to wake up Hanna. I turned around to see Alison standing there in Emily t-shirt. I smirked and laughed.

"What are you laughing at Rose !? ," Alison asked scrunching her eyebrows at me. She calls me by my last name when she irritated. "You know that's a T-Shirt Maya gave Emily for their two year anniversary a few years ago," I laughed as she rolled her eyes going back into Emily room. Probably to take the shirt off, I quickly left the house trying not to be caught.

When I got to the brew Emily was sitting in the back in the cut. She must mean business. I watched her for a few seconds while I stood in-line , she had this worried look on her face. I ordered some croissants and coffee. "For here or to-go," The barista asked, "Here," I said simply and walked over to Em

"Hey Killer," I greeted Emily before I sat down. Emily gave me a handshake, "So you know Ali was wearing the T-shirt Maya gave you a few years back," I giggled teasing her. "The one with my favorite movie on it ?" She questioned sipping her coffee. I nodded agreeing as the barista came to serve my food.

"I told her maya gave it too you and she got all flustered and red," I laughed as Emily joined. "I swear I'm gonna marry her one day," Emily added. My eyes widen, "Marriage ?" I trailed off uncomfortably. Emily nodded vigorously, Emily never talks about marriage, not even with Maya or her other flings. She barely talks about her parents marriage.

"Anyway let's get down to why I brought you here," Emily broke silence. Yea let's do that, marriage... man what is Alison doing to my sister. I drank my coffee slow. "Indeed," I responded.