Chapter 28: Check Mate

Maya POV :

The name I thought I never had to hear ever again just slapped me across the face. I gulped as I looked down.

"Does Lyndon ring a bell," Emily tortured me. How could she know about Lyndon. I bounced my leg out of nervousness. I shook my head no, "It's doesn't," I said standing up.

"Excuse me I have to go," I said while getting my bags but Emily beat me too it. "Have a seat Maya," She demanded.

I looked into her eyes, flexing my nostrils out of anger. After taking a deep breath, I sat down "I'm listening," I said softly.

"See Maya, What I'm not understanding is how you sit there and lie in my face," Emily assumed. I bit my tongue and scoffed, "You never wanted to be my friend, did you ?" Emily questioned.

"Of course not Emily, I'm in love with you !" I shouted standing up.

"Maya I'm not gonna tell you again, SIT DOWN," Emily yelled at me and by her tone I can tell she meant business.

I sat my ass down, "I told you any bullshit that comes up you'll wish you stayed in Cali, and you still decided to lie," Emily was pissed. I began to tear up slowly, "No one cares for your tears Maya so please spare me," Emily said standing up pacing.

"What are you going to do ?" I asked cautiously afraid of what I'm going to hear. Emily turned to face me, "Lyndon is in town Maya," Emily informed me.

My whole soul dropped, "What your gonna do is leave Rosewood for good, you and Cassie" she made clear.

I sniffed and nodded yes, "And If Lyndon finds me first ?" I questioned. Emily took her phone out her back pocket holding it up, "Aria is at the brew with him right now, she'll hold him off before she give him your address tick tock Maya," Emily said confidently.

"I don't have money to leave Emily," I confessed. She sighed, "Your ticket is waiting for you  at will call," She responded. Wow she really wants me gone.

I took that as a sign and got my things and headed towards the door, I turn back to look at Emily.

"Just know I'm sorry I just wanted you back," I got closure and left Emily's for good.

Emily POV :

Maya finally left after I dropped a HUGE bomb on her. I don't know putting my Ex on her death bed didn't sit right with my soul but what's done is done.

I looked at my phone and dialed Spencer. The phone rang once

S - Talk to me

E - Medusa's head has been cut off

I gave Spencer the code then I heard a knock at my door, Alison...

I skipped to the front door opening it. As my eyes met with the most beautiful eyes on the planet. "Is everything good," Alison worried.

"Just kiss me," I said smoothly and grabbed the back of Ali's neck pulling her into my lips. Kissing her with such fiery passion she began to move me into the house with our lips still fighting against each other.

"Uhhh can you guys hang up," I heard Spencer still on the phone. Me and Alison bursted out in laughter and embarrassment. I hung up the phone and close the door behind Alison. "Where were we ?" I smirked and kissed my girl again and again and again.

Spencer POV :

After I hung up with Emily almost hearing something I didn't wanna hear. Getting out of my car, I walked up to Cassie's apartment. Knocking loudly on the door a few seconds after I finally met the one and only Cassie Ventura.

"May I help you ?" She said. "Indeed actually," I said while inviting myself in moving her aside.

Cassie scrunched her face in confusion and looked to see if anyone saw before she closed the door. "Spencer right ? We go to school together," Cassie tried to start small talk.

"Look lets cut the crap okay, Maya won't be needing you anymore," Cutting the chitchat short, I caught her attention obviously because she became pale.

"H-how.." I cut her off, "Yeah, See I know... well We all know you were only here to find information so Maya can break up Emily and Alison which that's failed but, you spied on all of us, why ?" I said getting all Drew Barrymore on her.

"The Plan was to get Emily back with Maya so that means I had to get dirt on Alison or Emily so I had to spy and creep around you and your friends, trust me your city isn't my favorite," Cassie confessed.

I just stared at her, then a smile crept on my face "All for your Bestfriend right, well I want you to know that you being here caused pain to one of my Bestfriends... Hanna," I explained.

Cassie looked down in disgust, "I never meant to hurt anybody," she sobbed.

"Maya is leaving town in a few hours I advise you to be smart and leave with her or Lyndon will be paying you a visit," I smirked sinisterly. "Pay back is a bitch isn't," I continued.

Cassie looked like hell when I dropped Lyndon's name, "Y-you're bluffing," Cassie stuttered nervously.

"Am I ? Do you want me to call him He's in town," I held my phone with his number on speed dial Thanks to Aria.

Cassie shook her head no, "I thought you'd see it my way," I smiled and got my bags heading towards the door. Then I stopped and took a look around the apartment, "Cute apartment, you should really do something about this dull paint on the walls," I winked at her and left.

That felt great ! I walked gracefully to my car feeling like I had all the power in the world, I began to call Aria.

A : FunSize speaking

S : The Beauty has met the Beast send him back home

I smirked as I gave Aria the code and hung up. I entered my car sitting there waiting to witness Cassie leaving her apartment with all her bags. An hour went by and a cab finally came to pick her up to take her to the airport. My job here is done.

Aria POV :

The plan has worked perfectly and now it's time to lie my ass off, I got off the phone with Spencer as Lyndon was coming back from the bathroom.

"Sorry for the wait," He apologized and sat down.

I smiled, "No worries, so are we done here I have to go help the family out," I lied standing up gathering my bags.

"I thought you were gonna lead me to Maya and Cassie ?" He questioned looking up at me.

"Oh about that, Maya went back home with Cassie a few days ago I just thought we should meet up and talk since you knew them, I knew them," I tried to convince Lyndon.

"Okay well I guess I can stay in Rosewood for a couple of days," He said.

Or not...