Chapter 36: Lies After Lies

Hanna POV :

I just got off the phone with Alison, I'm glad Emily is back home but I still haven't heard from Ruby. What do I see in this girl is always up and down with her.

I heard someone come through my back door as I walk into my kitchen to see Ruby. "Okay first you don't answer my calls now you didn't come home last night !" I shouted at her.

"Good morning to you too," Ruby said sarcastically. I looked away, "I'm not in a playing mood," I made clear. Ruby walks over to my fridge looking through it, I rolled my eyes going over to her shutting my fridge in her face, "Where were you last night ? " I asked suspiciously. "Babe I was with Emily we got drunk and passed out at a park somewhere," Ruby explained.

She most definitely lying to me, I took a glance at her neck and saw some lipstick smeared on it. "Passed out in a park huh ?" I questioned looking at her with disappointment, Ruby nodded opening the fridge again and started making a sandwich, "So are we ever gonna talk about where you and Emily were the other day ?" I asked flipping my hair out of my face.

She still hasn't made eye contact with me, Smacking my hand on the counter, "Look at me !" I screamed at her. Ruby shot her head up at me, "Answer me," I said calmly starting to get fed up.

"We went to go get Lyndon out of town," Ruby confessed. Inhaling sharply I took a step further, "And.." I wanted to know more, "And he left problem solved," Ruby cut short. "No problem not solved Ruby I know your lying to Me and not about Lyndon either," I said confidently. Ruby looked me in my eyes, "Ever since Cassie you've been distant Hanna I've been giving you space," she explained.

I grabbed my forehead out of stress, "No I haven't, don't try and don't turn this on me," I made clear. "Hanna you don't even call me babe or show me affection it's like you don't wanna be together !" Ruby shouted. I shook my head out of disbelief, she just doesn't get it "I Love You Ruby don't you understand !" I yelled at her loosing my mind.

"What ?" Ruby said softly, "But you know what I'm so sick and tired of you lying and keeping secrets I won't live like this," I said standing my ground. As I started to walk away but Ruby grabbed my hand, "Whoa Whoa," Ruby said to get my attention, I rolled my eyes and look at her, "You love me ?" Ruby said smiling.

I nodded, "Yes but I can't love someone who keeps lying to me over and over again," I said trying to walk away but Ruby gets in front of me, "Babe stop ! Okay can we talk this out I'm sorry okay I never really had to tell my business 24/7," Ruby confessed.

I looked into her eyes, finally the truth for once. I crossed my arms, "Where were you ?" I asked again. Ruby bit her tongue for a minute, "I don't know I can't remember," Ruby said cluelessly. I smacked my lips and grabbed her hand and pulled her to the standing mirror over by the stairs.

"Hanna what-" Ruby started to speak but I turned her face to the side to show her she had lipstick on her neck. Her face dropped completely. "But you can't remember," I said with tearing up.

Ruby didn't say anything she just stood there, "That's what I thought," my voice cracked. I began to jog up the stairs. "Hanna Wait !" Ruby shouted following me up the stairs. I ran into my room slamming the door in her face.

Ruby POV :

I finally got back to Rosewood, I dropped Emily off at home then I went straight to Hanna's just to get her bedroom door slammed in my face. I wish I knew what happened that night.

I looked down in disgust, "Hanna please..." I trailed off tearing up. As I talk to Hanna through the door, "I didn't cheat I promise," I said loud enough so she could hear me. Nothing, nothing but silence. I started to knock on the door, "Hanna please let me in, I love you," I confessed. I never loved anyone but Cassie but it's true I do love Hanna. Sitting there in silence for a few moment "Do you want me to go ?" I asked sympathetically. "Yes," I heard Hanna say something finally. I looked down and wiped my tears, as I walked downstairs respecting Hanna's wishes.

"Ruby ?" Mrs Marin said coming in from the front door.

"Hi Ms. Marin, Bye Ms. Marin," I said quickly going toward the door, "Hey what's wrong ?" Ms Marin asked concernedly. I wiped my tears, "Hanna's is really upset at me right now," I explained to her. "I'm sure whatever it is she'll forgive you," Ms Marin tried to comfort me. I nodded my head, "Thanks Ms Marin," I asked leaving her house to go home.

Alison POV :

I was sitting in my room because Emily had to go to work. Replaying what Emily told me about that night had some black holes waiting to be filled. Hearing my phone ring I reached over grabbing my phone. Hanna Banana 🍌

I picked up my phone answering.

A - Hey Han !

H - Ali I need your help

A - What do you need Han ?

H - What was the story Emily told you ?

A - What made you think it was a story

H - Ruby told me that Her and Emily got drunk and slept in a park

In a park... Emily told me in the car... see there goes those black holes.

A - Is that right... Hanna let me call you back.

H - No ! Alison tell me what Emily told you

A - Hanna relax okay

H - I found lipstick on Ruby's neck Ali...

My heart dropped, I didn't even think about checking Emily for slip ups. How could I be so dumb !

A - Hanna I'll call you back.

I hung up with Hanna urgently grabbing my keys leaving my house. Emily fields you're in sooo much trouble.