Fixed Star Part II

Start from the beginning

"I hope you're okay." He says quietly. 

"I'm fine. Thank you guys for coming to see me. Doctor Jang should be back in the next few minutes." I think my voice came out much more harsh than I meant it to. Taemin looks like he wants to stay and knows I'd prefer it if he left. 

"If you need me just call me." I nod and they leave. I grind my teeth and not because of the pain. 

Taemin~

He didn't seem too happy to see me. But that small smile was enough to get my heart started again. I couldn't believe it when he smiled. He hates me right now. Right? I shake off the thoughts and walk outside with Kai. I think Kai knows what I'm feeling, what I'm thinking. Why is that when I'm with Kai all I can think of is Minho? "You know Taemin-Sunbae, you shouldn't be so sad all the time." I look at him. He's squinting because of the bright sun. 

"Huh?"

"I know I'm just a Dongsaeng and this could be taken as disrespectful but I don't like seeing you when you're sad. It's sad for me. A face like yours should always have a smile." I'm shocked. Did he just..? "So stop being sad okay? Don't even do it for me or Minho. Do it for yourself." 

"Kai.."

"If I sound out of line I'm sorry. It's something that's been bothering me for a while." He leans against the railing. "Hyung, smile okay? Even though it may feel bad right now it won't always be. Look to the future and smile in preparation." 

"You're amazing."

"And you're beautiful. See you inside." 

Kai~

 I lean against the door as I get inside. Why did I say that? It's Taemin. Lee Taemin. My best friend. All I can think of is what Suho said. There's someone who you can't live without their smile, you need to see them at least once a day but you want more than that, their voice makes you feel better and you have strong feelings for them. Who did you see? 

I saw Taemin as soon as he said it. 

I didn't tell anyone. 

Partly because I was confused.

Mostly because I was terrified. 

Terrified of what?

Terrified that he doesn't love me back. 

Minho~

What does one do when they know the person they love loves someone else? What does one do when they have to be interviewed about what happened? They move on. They. Move. On. I walk to the interview stage and sit down in one of five chairs set up for SHINee. I see the rest of SHINee and Lee Goo Sun walking up to the stage. My eyes focus on Taemin and his EXO shirt. It has Kai's symbol on it. 

They. Move. On.

The camera lights flash telling us that we're live right now. "Annyeong Haseyo! I'm Lee Goo Sun and welcome to Aegyo Fuyu! Today we're interviewing SHINee from the Music Festival cruise ship. Hello SHINee!"

"Annyeong Haseyo." We all say together. 

"Thank you for agreeing to do this interview. Today you'll be answering questions that have been driving the fans crazy for the last few weeks." We nod. "Our first pressing matter is the TaeKai kiss." Am I the only one who goes cold when anyone mentions this? "Instead of taking the normal approach, I'm going to ask Minho-Sunbae some questions regarding this matter." I start paying close attention. "Minho-Sunbae when did you find out about these pictures?"

"The same time everyone else did." He seems surprised. 

"Really? Considering how close you all are I thought you'd have known before hand."