---

not a coincidence

Rule No. 129

Souls are not allowed to form close relationships with either angels or demons.

(From The Rules of The Above, Under, and Inbetween)

Rule No. 127

Souls are forbidden from forming close relations with angels or demons. Whatever relationship they seek must be done with another soul.

(From The Great Rule Book; Edition 2)

Kissing my forehead, Kiyun smiled softly, shining and radiating warmth. "It'll be fine."

Nodding, I did the same to him, holding his face between my hands.

"Yeah, it will."

(Excerpt from The Addictive Kiss of a Demon, Chapter 34, page 360)

Passing On

...

When a soul passes on, it breaks down and blends in with the environment, mixing and all separate parts of it following a different path.

The energy remains a part of the environment, traveling between dimensions before reaching the moment of conception in a human, where the surrounding energy around that place will come together to formulate a soul inside the new life-form just as it is birthed into the world.

If the fetus passes away before the being born, the soul never forms and diffuses back. A premature birth is said to be because of premature formation of the soul.

(Excerpt from After-Death: General Understanding; 937 A.D.)

"You know, Hoseok? I showed you that file last week, did you understand it?" Eunji asked, eyes dark.

Hoseok's eyes filled with tears, remembering what it was. He nodded. "I--... I think so..."

Stepping closer, invading his space, Eunji put a finger on Hoseok's chin, making the angel look at him. "You realize what those bastards did to us? Our bloodline... our family. It's all their fault."

Biting his lower lip, Hoseok's forehead scrunched, understanding Eunji's words perfectly. "Yeah... yeah."

"They don't really care. They were just going along because it's their benefit, but if they were presented with a situation where they had to enforce the law, formulate a law, it would all be against us. You see it, right?"

Anger rising in his chest, Hoseok slowly nodded, he blinked, clearing the tears in his eyes to look at Eunji directly in the eyes. He spoke lowly, "We just have to get back at them, right?"

Smirking at the words, Eunji nodded. "Yes, exactly," he said, patting Hoseok's cheek softly. He finally stepped back, looking at the clock.

"But, it's not time, yet. For now, act like you usually do. I have a plan."

not a coincidence