'Cuz We're The Ones Who Found Destiny

운명을 찾아낸 우리니까

It'd been years, but Yoongi never found it hard to reach out and hold Jimin's hands in his. Although it felt cold, Yoongi being warmer as a demon, the contact always sent a fuzzy warmth to his heart.

"Where to now, Yoon?"

Jimin's voice softly brought Yoongi back to the moment, getting his attention on the mission at hand.

"Yoon?"

Yoongi's voice held an amused affection, but he saw Jimin's sheepish smile, making him let out a delighted laugh.

"Taking inspiration from your own book, hm?"

The words brought a breathy laugh from Jimin before Yoongi was finally going into the topic.

"Let's just look around? We got the spare keys, right?"

There was a hum from Jimin, eyes looking around and out the door of the food hall.

"I suppose so. Let's go?"

Their hands were intertwined still, not parting as they depart to investigate.

"Everyone's busy, now... we'd been gone for that long, huh?"

The sad nostalgic tone in Jimin's voice despite the soft smile on his lips made Yoongi's heart ache a little in nostalgia as well, the real memories from years and years ago, and... what they were now.

Namjoon and Jin used to be careful with secretive freedom in each other's presence, reliving their youths in each other, but now, even if you couldn't age, their faces looked old, tired from the work and load.

Jungkook and Taehyung used to be the couple completely infatuated with each other, a pair that even after years of marriage still seeming like they'd just fallen in love, but now, albeit still very much in love and expressive, they seemed mentally mature, having grown over the century.

And, Hoseok.

The friend that shone with bright hope. Even with his own hardships and sadness, he persevered and helped all of his friends get through their hard times, became the light in the darkness everyone else was in. Yet, now, he seemed to be the most changed of all.

"Okay, first door. Let's see which key-- this is gonna take forever!"

The exasperated sound from Jimin following his words made Yoongi let out an amused chuckle before taking the keys in his hand and looking at the individual ones, checking back at the door again.

After a few seconds of silence, he clicked his tongue in realization.

"It won't take forever, the keys have these roman numerals engraved on the side of the shaft. And, look, roman numerals are also on the design of the door."

Considering Yoongi's words, Jimin looked closer, and he did see it.

"Yeah, you're right."

Picking out the respective key, Yoongi unlocked the door, pushing the door open to make entryway for the two.

Jimin let out a sigh of awe before he entered, it was a room with lots of paintings. The ones of the old Authorities, some ones that were reported missing from Earth.

"This is the past of Afterlife?"

Yoongi muttered, looking at the one right next to the door, on the wall while Jimin was looking at the ones piled on the floor.