Don't Look Back

돌아보지 말아

The six of them were sitting all around in the room a few doors down the main hall, the one that was considered the meeting room for separate problems to not disturb the other Authorities.

"We have to do something about this. There's clearly something going on, and it should be connected, seeing how oddly they match up to cases."

There was a nod of agreement across the room. What Namjoon said made sense, it didn't seem to add up if they didn't connect.

"I think we should... split jobs. The other Authorities seem to have a heavier load this week. My load has been lighter since yesterday, so I'm free to help."

Seokjin's words had them all thinking. Splitting jobs sounded efficient. They had six people, enough to work things through.

"Yeah. I actually have some free time. Someone took over my shift, they owed me. What should I do?"

Taehyung asked, also wanting to be of help.

"Hoseok hyung's shift ended, maybe there's something in there, too?"

"There's something in the library, too, search for something suspicious. You two, look in books in the corners or something, like hidden away."

Yoongi answered, nodding at the married couple, knowing there must be something in there by the way Hoseok was acting.

"Ohh, right! And what about you two?"

Jungkook asked, curiously, since it was usually Yoongi and Jimin that hung around in the library. Jimin shrugged, sighing a little.

"I don't know. Namjoon?"

Taking a few seconds to think, Namjoon got an idea.

"You two should look around this building. If the guy was at the library and in prison, he must've run through the different places too. Get the keys from Jack, the security Authority. Since you're new around, you'll notice some things better instead of overlooking them. Note down anything you find odd, hm?"

"Yeah, we'll work on that."

"And, Jin and I. I'll look over all the paperwork in the next room. Jin, I just overheard someone looking for you, so you should probably just get back to work. Look out for anything, though."

Now that everyone had something to do, they decided to execute the search and investigation.

Before they all left the room, though, all of them grinned at how responsible Namjoon was.

"Wah~ Namjoon hyung, you're cool."

Jungkook said, giving a toothy grin. Yoongi nodded, laughing a little as he softly patted Namjoon's shoulder.

"Yeah, Namjoon. You've gotten more responsible now that you're an Authority. I could never have imagined."

Rolling his eyes, Namjoon kept walking, huffing a little.

"Just get to work, you guys. And, Yoongi and Jimin, I'll be in the next room if you want to ask about any oddities."

"Alright."

With that, everyone dispersed, heading to their respective and assigned work, wanting to get to the core of this problem

Walking side by side as they walked through the hallways, Jimin glanced at Yoongi.

"You think Hoseok is in trouble?"

Eyeing Jimin, Yoongi pursed his lips, unsure.

"I don't know. I don't want him to be... But, he really is acting very strange. Even Taehyung and Jungkook say so. So, it's not just because we've been gone for long."

"Yeah. And, Yoongi?"

"Hm?"

"D'you think we'll find the truth about what happened to us?"

With a sweet smile, Yoongi reassuringly squeezed Jimin's hand.

"Yeah. We've got time. Maybe not forever, but lots of time."

This made Jimin grin, eyes disappearing cutely.

"Yeah, you're right. We're not fools to believe in forever anymore."

"Indeed, we aren't. But, we're still fools in love, hm?"

"Hahaha-- I love you, Yoongi~"

"Love you, too, Jimin-ah."