You're The Source of My Dream

너는 꿈의 출처

Sitting at a desk, eyeing all the fans with the books in their hands outside the glass doors brought a wide smile to Juseon's face.

When the ones outside saw him, they all happily waved, and he waved back, laughing to himself, excited.

When it was time to start the book fair at that area, along with the meetup with his readers, Juseon excitedly tapped the table, waiting for them to come by. There wasn't a too big of a crowd so he was happy — maybe he could pay a little more attention to each one when they come and get their books signed?

The first person came by, a bright grin on the person's face as she handed over the book.

"Hello, Chimmy-nim. I love your book, I couldn't believe this is your first book."

Heart surging with happiness, Juseon grinned.

"Ah, thank you. What's your name? Is there anything special going on right now? If you wanna talk about it? Anything you want off your chest?"

He asked, pulling in the book towards himself and opening up to the first blank page.

The girl seemed surprised, but with a small smile, she answered.

"I'm Jiyeon. It's my birthday, today," she said shyly, giggling.

"Ah~ Happy birthday, Jiyeon-ssi~"

Juseon greeted, writing a small greeting on the book for her before signing it and handing it over. His eyes curved, disappearing as he smiled.

Bowing in gratitude, the girl thanked him before running off to check out other books.

Someone else came in line, this time, it looked like a boy who just got out of high school.

"Hello. Thank you for reading my book."

The boy shyly nodded and passed over his copy of the book.

"Hm, what's your name? And, is there a favorite character you have from the book?"

"Ah, I'm— I'm Jungwook... I really liked Jaeyoung,"

He admitted, an adorable flush on his cheeks.

Endeared, Juseon asked more.

"Ah~ How cute. And, anything happen recently you want to share?"

With an excited shine in his eyes, the boy answered.

"I got a new puppy! His name is Juju."

"I see."

Juseon hummed warmly, writing up a cute note.

'Take care of your cute puppy, Jungwook! I love puppies~' —Jaeyoung, he wrote, signing his name right after.

When he gave the book back, Jungwook read it and his whole face seemed to light up with happiness. He shyly thanked Juseon before stepping away.

Seeing the reactions everytime he wrote a personal note on the book, Juseon felt his heart fill with the loveliest of warmth, and he'd never been happier to have written the book to brighten people's day like this.

A little more people added by the end of the fair, but it wasn't too much, so Juseon really gave each of them time for a personal greeting. Some asked questions, but Juseon didn't really know how to answer some of them, but he tried his best, hoping to make their days better.

Once the signing and the fair ended, the area was pretty empty, only the staff, guards, and the organizers around. Juseon was still sitting at the desk, looking at the books and the difference from a few hours ago to now, the reduction was obvious. He even noticed some of his books had lessened in number by a lot as well, making him experience a new level of joy and euphoria.

"Juseon-ssi, do you want to go out with us to lunch? All of the staff working for the store are going."

Juseon thought about it for a second, a loud thud and yells of the security from the entrance going unnoticed, and then turned towards her to answer. He beamed.

"Thank you for the invitation, and I actually—"

Attention harshly pulled towards the man who just suddenly appeared and slammed his hands down on the desk, Juseon gasped in shock. But then, his eyes met the man's, and all his previous thoughts ceased.

All recollection of dreams flashed like the wind, mind running thousand thoughts per millisecond, Juseon felt as if he'd spent eternity with the person. A strange eruption of recognition and familiarity washed over him — but he had no idea what it was.

After feeling like he'd tasted all of the universes, he dared to utter a name, but the man beat him to it.

"Park Jimin."

Almost like electricity snapping him back to reality, everything suddenly seemed to make sense but also blended and bled into each other, creating more confusion at the same time.

With all the overwhelming outburst of emotions, all Juseon could do was breath out another name — the name he'd been searching for since what felt like the beginning of time.

"Min Yoongi."

They held so much familiarity, so much closeness, and intimacy. But, he couldn't find the clear picture, lost in a blur of darkness.

Juseon couldn't resist dropping down his eyes to the pretty man's lips, feeling like it was second nature. Looking back up, he realized he really had no idea what came over him, but he felt it was the most right thing he had ever done in his whole life.

Like the universe had it in for them, written away since the beginning of time, Juseon gently set his hand on the other's neck, closing in and ending the distance between their lips.

And, like the universe had known it since the beginning, they kissed, thrumming a beautiful song of reminiscent memory in something that was beyond the physical world, not their mind or heart.

But, rather, soul.