---

not a coincidence

Rule No. 53

The convicted are punished by suitable punishments decided by the head Authority of HHAC.

(From The Rules of The Above, Under, and Inbetween)

Rule No. 58

Punishment for crime depends on the type of crime committed. However, some situations may be considered.

(From The Great Rule Book; Edition 2)

"Ahh, Jaeyoung, hey," I nervously greeted the friend.

He looked at me weird before nodding and turning away, "I'll be heading out again."

"Okay," I said, eyes following Jaeyoung until he left, then I glanced to my right. There was Kiyun on the bed, black wings majestically unfolded as he had sat up, looking at me, amused.

"You could've just stayed an angel, you know? He wouldn't have been able to see either of us regardless of what we're doing."

"He wouldn't have left sooner otherwise."

(Excerpt from The Addictive Kiss of a Demon, Chapter 7, page 62)

Post-Death

...

Every human harbors a soul, whose nature gets decided by the harm they cause during their lifetime. The harm depends on the morality the universe has decided, none of which is affected by personal belief of any human in their life.

If the human intends to hurt to inflict a change in one's life negatively, or kills another human, the soul is stained, turning impure. However, if no harm is done or harm that causes no big negative change in one's life or the harm is not intended by a human, they remain unstained, turning pure.

Impure souls appear as a dark glow, whereas pure ones appear as a bright glow.

...

(Excerpt from After-Death: General Understanding; 937 A.D.)

After a few days of emptiness, the Main Hall was filled with new Authorities, settling in their new workplace after going through the ritual and process to turn into one.

"So, the new Authorities have been assigned!" The old Authoritiy said, now standing at the Authority Balcony, ready to head out and away as many angels and demons were below, watching.

"I'm leaving them in your hands, Namjoon."

not a coincidence