---

not a coincidence

Rule No. 43

Demons are not allowed inside the Authority Palace unless they are a part of the HHAC.

(From The Rules of The Above, Under, and Inbetween)

Rule No. 116

Whoever work for the Authorities are allowed in the Palace, along with others that need Authority services and official stamps.

(From The Great Rule Book; Edition 2)

"Minji," he rasped out, nuzzling his nose warmly into my shoulder, back-hugging me and slowly leading me to the bed. "Don't you wanna?"

My face burned, "They're all downstairs!"

"So?"

"What do you mean so? They can hear us and--mphf--!"

(Excerpt from The Addictive Kiss of a Demon, Chapter 28, page 310)

Abilities of Demon

...

Abilites of Demons usually include ones that are more physical, although some exceptions exist.

Possible Demon Abilities: Heat, Strength, Magnetism (rare), Adhesion, etc.

There is one super-rare Ability, due being an Ability only acquired by those with Post-Death blood in them when they were human, regardless of if they could see PD creatures or not. The Ability of Magma.

...

(Excerpt from After-Death: General Understanding; 937 A.D.)

Hoseok hummed a vague melody, heading to prison duty. Grabbing the clipboard to check the prisoners on his end, he walked in, checking their names and cells, checking the boxes as he went. It was dark inside, but having the Ability of Light, Hoseok could easily see.

Everyone was either sleeping or just lying about -- not allowed to eat during their sentence -- glaring at Hoseok as he passed by. The angel didn't particularly mind, he imagined that they'd be angry, frustrated from being locked up.

After he made sure everyone was in their spot, going through the long hallway, he nodded to himself, flipping the clipboard back to the front page before he headed back out.

On his way out, he glanced at all the prisoners, feeling a little uneasy. At the sight of a particular prisoner, he paused, taking a second to look. He even stepped a little closer, unsure if he was seeing right. The person was sleeping, but something was odd.

When he realized what it was, a shiver ran down his spine and he hurried out, hoping he doesn't have to check this area again.

Even after getting out, Hoseok thought of the prisoner, wincing at the thought. The guy wasn't sleeping at all, his breathing seemed too short for it, but there was something even more unsettling about him, something he hadn't seen in a prisoner ever.

He was smiling.

not a coincidence