In The Previous Life, And Maybe The Next One Too

⚠️⚠️⚠️
Please read the --- chapter that comes before this,
and read this chapter only after you have read that one.
⚠️⚠️⚠️
————

우린 전생에도 아마 다음 생에도

"The window's open. Are you going to change forms and talk to her?"

Yoongi's question made Jimin stop in his tracks in deep thought. After a few seconds, he nodded.

"She... she'll understand. She always has. I just... I can't leave her without closure. I don't want her crying for the rest of her life."

The way he said it made Yoongi want to cry, too. He sounded so sad; he could tell that Jimin cherished his mother as Juseon as any child would, the fact that it was his second mother didn't change it for him.

"Okay, I'll come in with you."

Juseon's mother was crying, phone in hand, grip on it tight and desperate.

Her son, her only part of family, was dead.

Crying harder at the thought, she wondered what wrong deed she'd done to get this cursed for the world to kill off such a lovely child of hers.

Sobs loud, they echoed off the walls, all over the house. She'd been like this for hours since she's heard the news.

Amidst her crying, she heard a small creak of the window in the kitchen, the sound of wind humming through.

She froze, eyes wide.

"Juseon?"

She whispered, wiping her eyes clear and searching desperately.

Her eyes landed on a figure just outside the door, and her breath stopped.

Juseon. It was Juseon. Hair black instead of yellow, but she still recognized it was him.

Lips trembling, hoping it's not just a hallucination, she whispered again, voice also trembling.

"Juseon—"

From outside the door, Juseon walked in, standing in front of his mother, his lips trembling and eyes teary as well.

"Mama."

He whispered, and she broke down harder, hands tightly going around him and pulling close.

"Oh my god, Juseon— Juseon, my son—"

Her voice was tight, but also breaking in between. Along with his mother, Juseon cried, too, his arms going around her.

"I'm sorry, Mama. Sorry, I'm really sorry."

All she could do was shake her head as she cried, holding her son closer.

Finally, after a few minutes of crying, she pulled back, looking at Juseon's face, gently holding his cheek with one hand and wiping away the tears.

She realized— if Juseon was dead, then what was this?

The boy in front of her— looking exactly like her son— looked down, biting his bottom lip.