The DNA in My Vessels Tell Me

note: he in narration (bold) refers to the one dreaming, the rest are always specified each time without pronouns. applies for the rest of the chapters.

————

혈관 DNA 말해줘

"Jungkook-ah!"

Sight obscured and blurry, the scene strangely seemed so familiar, like he knew everything about it.

Like he'd been living in the house, he sat up, looking at the person standing in front of him, seeming tall.

The boy's face, he could see, but he couldn't. Everything seemed so familiar and unfamiliar at the same time.

He saw the boy open his mouth, a vague mischievous grin on his face. The boy said something— something that was known very well.

It was a name, he knew. Because what followed after it seemed just right for it to have been a name.

He just didn't know what it was. He could clearly see it, he could hear it. But, he couldn't.

"—why are you sleeping just before---- is going to come?"

He could feel his heart-rate increase, he wasn't sure if it was the dream itself or his real body reacting to what was happening.

Wait— what? What was the name the boy said?

He knew who it was, he knew, he felt such a familiarity to the person the boy in front of him was referring to.

But, like always:

He couldn't put his finger on it.

And, just afterwards, he could hear himself speak. He didn't find it that strange that he couldn't control what he was saying, he didn't have the power to think it at the moment.

"He can just come here and cuddle me, then. I was up all night last night checking the assessment papers— I didn't know students hated history that much, really."

The boy in front of him laughed, and he felt a strange content happiness in seeing the younger smile. With that, he could tell the boy- who seemed so unfamiliarly familiar- was close to him in the dream. But, he'd never seen him before.

"He's saying he wants to take you out, so get up."

With those words processing, he sat up immediately, feeling giddy.

"When is he arriving?"

With an amused smile, teeth resembling a bunny, the boy assured.

"You have time to take a shower and change. Go."

Feeling himself nod happily, a wide grin on his face. He stood up.

Then, suddenly, he arrived at a scene with another person in front of him- the one that's always been there.

"-----"

He said something, he knew he had. But, he didn't even know what came out of his mouth. It was just on the tip of his tongue, but he couldn't grasp it.