---

not a coincidence

Rule No. 83

Angels can only visit Hell if they have a permit by Authorities -- e.g. with the job of delivering from Heaven to Hell -- and vice versa.

(From The Rules of The Above, Under, and Inbetween)

Rule No. 79

Angels and demons can only enter Hell and Heaven (respectively) if they are given a permit for whatever reason by the Authority. Some situations will be considered.

(From The Great Rule Book; Edition 2)

Seeing the human that took advantage of Kiyun's kindness, hurting him when he was at his weakness, sent me into a sudden state of dizzying anger, feeling my blood boiling underneeath my skin.

"You fucking bastard," I spat, harshly grabbing him by the collar, thunder clapping around us in the middle of nowhere, electricity buzzing in my skin, painting the man with shock.

No one hurts my Kiyun.

(Excerpt from The Addictive Kiss of a Demon, Chapter 13, page 149)

Authority Palace

...

The Authority Palace is the Palace that is on the edge of Afterlife, located as so to be available to any region in Afterlife.

The Palace is a four-storeyed mansion, with two balconies both on the same side, facing the rest of Afterlife. One balcony is the entrance to the Main Hall, where all Authorities work their posts, have Angels and Demons working in their respective factions to report to them from the balcony, as there is no ground entry to the Palace.

The no ground entry is so that the Authorities do not leave the building, as they cannot fly. Their wings are only for show, grey in color to show they do not function.This is due to the atmosphere inside the Authority Palace does not allow beings to fly -- not permitting Angels or Demons to fly either, everyone has to use their feet inside.

In the Palace, Abilities also cannot be used -- Authorities do not have them (lost when they turn into one) -- due to the atmosphere. But, it is possible to use where there is no roof (in the garden), though there is atmosphere, being a little different from the allowance of flying.

The second balcony is the entrance for other workers that work inside the Palace, deliveries, laborers, cooks, guards, maintainers, etc.

There are many function rooms in the Palace, listed as following.
Main Hall: Authorities' working space.
Dining Room: For Authorities and other workers inside the Palace to dine in.
Sleep Room: For Authorities to sleep in. Separate sleeping rooms for working angels and demons are also available.
Library: For the important books to be kept in.
Prison Room: For the punished to be kept in for their sentences (in the basement).
Kitchen: For the provision of food for Authorities -- and also many workers in Afterlife who don't leave their posts (attached to the dining room).
Court Room: for the work of HHAC and made the judgment for the wrongdoers.
Communication Room: For communication to Heaven and Hell with God and Devil.
Bath-room and W/C.

Every other room is a store-room - for keeping possessions of past prisononers, quaint objects from the passed ons, important historical mementos.

*Demons are not allowed to work in the Authority Palace unless they are a part of the HHAC.

...

(Excerpt from After-Death: General Understanding; 937 A.D.)

"So, you two want to work in the Palace? As guards and maintainers?" Namjoon asked, looking at the application of the three he was quite familiar with.

Hoseok, Jungkook, and Taehyung nodded, standing straight and in front of Namjoon's part of the desk.

Namjoon let out an amused chuckle, looking up at them with a smile. "Alright. You get the job. Don't slack off, you three," he said as he stamped the papers, passing them over to the next Authority. "She'll tell you your posts and schedules, vacation and also your rooms. Working in the Palace grants you residency in Afterlife."

The three nodded again, making Namjoon let out another chuckle before the three move on to the next person to verify their new jobs.

It was the start of a new time in Afterlife; new rules, new jobs, new members of the Authority — a new era.

not a coincidence