With wide eyes, the group retreated into the office waiting as Morgan joined them not two minutes later, once again they sat down and just talked. 

"What the hell was that?" Derek asked breathlessly, nods coming from different parts of the room.

Hotch shook his head slightly. "I don't know but we have to find out, call Garcia." 

Soon the bubbly blonde was smiling nervously on the screen as she scrolled through the information they needed on their unsub. 

"Whatcha' got baby girl?" Morgan asked as her eyebrows perked in interest. 

She hummed slightly fixating her eyes on the room before jumping into an explanation. "Nothing, he is completely normal. No psychotic breaks, picture-perfect childhood, good job, loving family, that from what I can see, is practically still in the honeymoon phase. Bills are paid..." With quirked lips and a scrunched nose, she stopped her listing. "I can't believe I'm saying this but other than the videos we have, nothing points to him even having  contact with the Winchester family, like at all."

Confusion drenched the entire room as they got lost in the whirlwind of possibilities. A unanimous 'thanks Garcia' was shared throughout the room as their tech goddess signed off promising to keep digging. 

"So what are we supposed to do now?" Prentiss murmured in wonder. Flicking her deep coffee eyes to fixate upon her co-workers. "We have him in custody and enough evidence to put him behind bars for life." 

With a nod of agreement from Rossi, Spencer knocked down the idea. "Yet he had no emotional connections to the crime other than that, his lawyer will call for insanity. Did you see the way he acted." His curls bounced slightly as his head shook. "There is more going on here, we need to talk to him." 

JJ sighed staring at the younger man. "Yeah, but what do we ask? The only thing we have is the video of him and Belle, we have no motive, and he supposedly has no knowledge of these past months." 

"I'd suggest BPD but he has no record of traumatic abuse," Rossi informed them. 

Reid nodded along, "Maybe schizophrenia, he certainly has underlying symptoms. He said that he was possessed, delusions." His hand flickered through the air as if reading something. "that could also be a mixture of hallucinations. Paranoia, he seemed as if something was after him, he did say he was a victim. Then there are ideas of reference. It's common in schizophrenic patients to see things on tv and believe it pertains to them, he could have seen coverage of the Winchesters and felt as if it hurt him in some way. Also, the erratic speech we all saw how he was talking his patterns were off and he kept repeating keywords." With a nod of encouragement, he continued his ramble. "Obviously he would be having erratic behavior, maybe he's just experiencing a major and untreated case." He finished not meeting the sympathetic eyes of his fellow agents. 

"We need to interrogate him,

***

Next thing they knew the man was yanking on his cuffs, causing red to drip down his wrists. His frantic cries shook the agents watching from behind the glass. Aaron nodded to Reid as they grabbed Belle's file and walked into the darkened room. 

Silently they took a seat as James quieted, deep pools watching them, unblinkingly, unmoving, and unfeeling. Aaron paid no mind, slipping the photos of the scene to him, including the pictures of him torturing Belle. 

His deep authoritative tone rang, breaking the tension as James' eye welled with tears. "You did that James, you kidnapped and tortured a sixteen-year-old girl, for months."

The unsub shook his head frantically, beginning to shake as he stared at the pictures, his faces turning pale. "No, no, no, I didn't. I wanted to help her! I promise that's why I came. To help her." He looked up ginning sweetly, snot mixing with saline at the creases of his smile. "What's her name?" His eyes went to Hotch but turned to Reid. "Her name what, what is it?"

Reid looked down before furrowing his eyebrows, "You told us her name, before..." he tries, puppy dog eyes boring as if that'll cause his memory to jog. 

"No, I don't, I don't remember it, please, oh please won't you tell me?" Hands were once again stopped by gore-stained steel. 

The agents share a glance. "Belle, it's Belle Winchester, now in the video, you told us you were looking for her father-" Aaron informed before James got excited, tugging again. 

"Dean!" He cried out, more wild nodding, "Yes, I know him! The voices, they said his name! I promise, they did! They wanted to meet him I think. They were angry, furious at him and," There was a heavy pause, his breath deep and gasping before he whispered, "Ecclesia."

"Ecclesia?" Reid echoed. 

Hotch ignored that part eyes turning to the lean man in front of them. "Dean Winchester is dead." He stated bluntly. 

To everyone's surprise, James started laughing, high pitched genuine, belly guffaws. "No!" He gasped between fits, "He is very much alive!"

Reid tilted his head, "What do you mean?" 

James stopped laughing, his gaze turning confused, mirth draining from them. "You don't know?"

"Know what?" Aaron questioned. 

The man looked like he was talking to children, "Dean is not dead. He was, but he came back, the voices talked about it, I remember Belle," He giggled her name, wistfully, "She told me he wasn't coming to get her, not because he wasn't dead, but because he left her, duh!" 

"I thought you didn't recognize your time with Belle," Reid stated. 

James scoffed, "When I got glimpses of everything when I would come back, she'd talk to me. She was so nice, that's why I needed to tell you guys. You need to save her!" 

"We did save her," Spencer hummed politely. 

The unsubs smile was genuine as he sighed in relief, the rigid pulling of his cuffs stopped, his entire body slumping in happiness. "Can I see her? She was so nice, I wanna... wanna tell her I'm sorry, for leaving her there." 

"We'll see, Mr. Scott. For now, get some rest." Hotch stated as they rose to their feet and slunk from the room to meet their co-workers. 

What met them were confused gazes, Morgan sighing. "Now what? What do we do?" His brows shot up excessively. 

Aaron sighed, "We talk to Belle, about the night her father died, if there is a way he survived, that could be the piece we're missing, because we're missing something."

"Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect." 
― Edgar Allan Poe

Green Eyesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें