The Marine Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

Her fingers trailed over the next one a smile on her face. "This was my second one. The writing is Enochian and its an angel claim." 

"An angel's claim?" He echoed

"An angel's claim?" He echoed. He could semi understand the protection symbol, but an angel's claim?

"Yeah." She snapped her demeanor changing completely, now turning defensive. 

Rossi found himself backpedaling once again. "I was just confused, there isn't anything wrong with that-" He was cut off by the girl. 

"I know there isn't. " Belle stated firmly. Before the argument could sizzle a Nurse came in to administer her medicine and Rossi was pushed from the room. 

Standing in the busying hallway the veteran made his way to the station where his team awaited his updates. 

When he entered the meeting room his colleagues sat over piles of take-out laughing as they passed the time. Each in a different stage of amusement their favourite tech-analysist broadcasted on the wall. Basking in the merriment David felt the hang of dread evaporate, dispersing in the glow of happiness. 

His moment of warmth was taken when his old friend and boss called upon his attention. "David, any news on Miss Winchester?" The team fell silent as eyes snapped to his figure, waiting in hopes of a connection. 

He took a seat with a heavy-heart, reluctant to disappoint them. "Sorry, not much, I did find some interesting things out though." Everyone waited, almost an impatient buzz whirling in the air. "She is more intelligent than we thought."

Reid perked up, sliding his glasses up with his middle finger he did a small movement of excitement. "What do you mean?" 

"She can deduct like Sherlock and speak five languages other than English, including Latin." He quirked a graying eyebrow as he swirled his chair watching as shock sheened over the faces of those in the room. 

"Did you know, Conan Doyle repeatedly said that Holmes was inspired by the real-life figure of Joseph Bell, a surgeon at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh? Conan Doyle met him in 1877 and had worked for as a clerk. Like Holmes, Bell was noted for drawing broad conclusions from minute observations." Reid raddled trying to add insight into the character. "The art of deduction is a true skill that even some of our classes were modeled after." 

JJ stared at him before running a hand through her silky blonde locks. "If the FBI teaches it, how did a sixteen-year-old somehow perfect it to Sherlock levels." She asked her hands falling to the table. "Did she teach herself?"

Prentiss' lips pinched to the side as she went over the facts. "So she can speak multiple languages, can deduct at rapid pace, and some-how tracked her father down when she was four? Is that even possible?" 

"Six." Rossi corrected, "She stayed with a family friend until she was five and found her father when she was about six."

"Still, that is like, crazy smart!" Penelope yelped from the screen, speaking for the first time.

Meanwhile Hotch sat silently, soaking up as much information he could whilst he watched the mannerisms of the team. 'What about the tattoos?" His orotund tone rang. 

"She has two, a protection symbol and a passage in enochian."

"Enochian?" Reid echoed his fingers twiddling in the air. "The language of angels?" 

The italian man nodded. "Her family doesn't seem highly religious but this could be connected to something of the occult. Sam and Dean had the same symbol on their chest as Belle does. It could be initiation."

"So you mean to tell me she was born into a cult?" Came Penelope's panicked reply causing Derek to hush her lightly. 

"That makes sense but why the Angel writing?" Rossi's eyes trained on the usual talkative male. 

"She said it was an angel's claim." Confused gazes shot to him as he shrugged.  Suddenly Derek hopped up. 

"The brand!" He yelled. 

"What brand?" Hotch queried. 

"When I met her, the top of her gown rid down and showed the tip of a brand. It looked like a wing."

 "Guys I think I know what he's talking about..." Garcia gulped lightly. "The doctors took a picture of it." A tear slipped down her cheek as she pulled up the picture. 

"Holy hell," Derek whispered, his heart filling with grief, the warmth the room had once felt draining. 

Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable

Arthur Conan Doyle 

Hey guys so that's what Belle's brand looks like, I know I know, It's on a man but just imagine it on her

Hey guys so that's what Belle's brand looks like, I know I know, It's on a man but just imagine it on her...it's the best I could find :/ For clarifications the brand on Belle is a tad bit smaller and stops a bit higher up. 

Are you guys enjoying this? lemme know

Tah Tah luvs