Chapter 32 - Baby blues

Start from the beginning

“Ok ok!” I said and walked with them to the other room we were all hushed and quiet, I found a seat to sit on and saw the two at front.

“As everyone knows there is a play that the kids do every year, so we decided to do little red riding hood and the parts have been chosen by random. And we would like you parents to help us as much as possible” said Miss Guard I wondered if the parents of Kyro and Tei would actually help.

I looked over to see pained expression on the boys face, and I felt I knew what had gone wrong. They weren’t worried about themselves no, they were worried if their parents would come. Did they care if they came? I knew the feeling so much but I had to console them that it was ok. They had gotten up and came to me, I looked at them as I held a sleeping baby in my arms.

“What’s wrong?” I asked and saw them look at each other they were like twins except, Kyro was a bit taller than Tei and had messy brown hair and brown eyes like his sister, while Tei had a cropped black hair styled in awkward angles with hazel eyes.

“They won’t come we know” said Tei sadly and it broke my heart.

“They will be too busy I don’t want to do it now, I ended up being a tree and I don’t want to be that!” Said Kyro and I giggled to myself. The reason why Kyro was chosen to be a tree was obvious, except he didn’t know bless him I thought.

“It’s ok everything will be ok, you have me here I will help you” I said with a smile, and in a way I was glad I could.

“Really?” Both yelled in unison

“Of course, with the costume and everything so don’t worry so much lets enjoy this yes?” I said and laughed as they grinned at each other, kids had it so easy I thought.

“YAY!” They shouted with glee, and my heart melted with love.

The baby started to wail and I was shaking it to calm it down, I wasn’t sure what was wrong. What do I do now? I must have looked panicked when Kyro lifted the baby off my arms and into his, I watched wide eyed. He put his finger in her mouth and gave her back to me and walked away, I stared at Tei who stood smiling the baby was still wailing, and I turned to see him walking back. With a bag and then he opened and shoved the bottle in his sister’s mouth.

“She was hungry” Kyro said with a shrug, as if this was casual. I couldn’t grasp what I just saw, but I was super glad to see something as sweet as this that nearly made me cry.

I took it from here and watched as Tei and Kyro watched me do it. I looked at them and smiled I saw a toothy grin from Serena, as she finished her bottle. She did a mini burp which made all of us laugh, and I looked at them both with a smile how sweet they were.

“You are a wonderful brother Kyro!” I said with a grin and he blushed at the compliment.

“Don’t say that my coolness would go!” He said blushing and looking fake angry.

“Ok sorry” I said in a hush and giggled

“Can I ask you something Blair” Tei asked as they sat in front of me, as I put the baby back to sleep.

“Of course sweety go ahead” I said looking at him, he looked a bit too serious “What’s wrong?”

“Do you have any siblings?” He said, I wasn’t sure how to answer these kids. Tell them the truth or just fake this but I hated to lie so I told them. “I do have siblings except they aren't my real ones” I said sadly.

“Not real?” They said in unison with a shocked expression, I giggled at their reactions.

“I meant they are my half siblings, do you know what that means?” I asked and looked at them