i'm packed off to a boarding school in the middle of nowhere...~58

I'm packed off to a boarding school in the middle of nowhere...oh and I don't think they're humans~58~

Christine's POV

When I saw Kres looking at me with gratitude, I could not help but feel a little shy towards him. Shaking my head at my own reaction, I continued leading the way as Kres made his way towards me and I was about to ask him what was the matter when he spoke before I got to. "I never thought you would have cared about me. Not many people bother to."

It got more and more awkward for me. What am I supposed to say? That it was my pleasure? No, that would sound old and boring.

"It's okay, I'm not expecting a reply," he flashed me a tiny smile and fell back behind with the others. I really should have said something.

A volleyball rolled past in front of me. I was surprised as I had been caught up with my thoughts and was even more shocked when a voice I haven't heard for weeks called my name. Amelia. The one who had sent me off when I was leaving for Dark Night, was waving at me happily from not far away. As both my hands were occupied, I could not throw it back to her, but just kick it back. "Thanks Christine!" She took it and ran off, then return a while later, offering to help me carry the box I had in my arms. I gladly let her carry it, for my hands really did need a rest and we were still far away from the BBQ pit.

"So what made you come back? I thought your holiday is still far away? You look as if you've changed a lot. And are these guys yours?" She nodded to the back. I followed her gaze, and had to force myself not to laugh as the guys looked at her as if she had a virus.

"Ah, they're with me. Do you want to join bus for BBQ?" Shoot, that question just popped out of my mouth. I should have thought about the consequences first. Here we are, six fully transformed vampire guys and one pre-trans little vampire girl with one oblivious human girl whose blood might be sucked dry if the six vampires chose this time to get hungry for blood. And there wouldn't be anyone of ability to save her, not even me.

"Christine? Christine? You sure as hell look damn pale all of a sudden. Do you need a doctor?" Amelia asked,

No, but you might end up needing the doctor instead of me. I wanted to tell her that, but decided enough was enough. Since I was the one who invited, I should bear the responsibility if she gets hurt.

"No, there's no need," I smiled, swallowing the guilt building inside me.

"Well, about your invitation, I don't see the need to be away from these handsome hunks," her voice lowered into a whisper, "I'm in a mood to get a boyfriend. Any recommendations?"

Jealousy spiked. "You are not to have Blake."

"Hey, simmer down! If that's your boyfriend then I won't have him, okay? How about the others? There's one really cute one behind." She stopped and rested one sife of the box on her right knee. Then, using a finger, she pointed at one of the guys, and I turned to see who she was pointing at, the thought that I haven't told her who Blake was surfaced.

"Damn it, this is my boy!" I practically shrieked. Blake snickered and went to put am arm around my waist.

"And Christine is mine. I will not let you have her if you happen to be a lesbian," Blake was about to-yeah, bare his fangs-when I clamped a hand over his mouth. It wouldn't do good to like Amelia in on a secret, she's like a loudspeaker who would broadcast anything and everything if she gets to know the details of a secret, especially a secret about us being vampires. Okay, I'm not a full-fledged vampire, but sometime in the future, I will be, and now I have the responsibility to keep this secret a secret to outsiders, good friend or not. Sometimes some things are better not said.

Amelia looked as if she had been struck by lightning, her eyes wide in shock and spine stiff. "I...I'm not a lesbian! I love guys, not girls!"

"Hey baby, how about you give me a kiss?" Nicked grinned. "After all, I have not been with girls for quite a while and you love guys. Why not try me?" He gave her a creepy-guy smile as she took a few steps back. I felt a little sorry for her. I signaled Nick to not push it too far. He looked a little apologetic. "Couldn't resist teasing a girl. Blake will kill me if I tease you. He he."

Zelda cut in suddenly. "Can we hurry please? We're standing here in the middle of nowhere just to talk. I wanna have a BBQ!"

I chuckled as we moved on. "Are we reaching soon? I've got to tell my parents I'm with you, or else they would be worried or something," Amelia told me. I had almost forgotten. Amelia's parents constantly worries about people kidnapping her. She had been kidnapped a few years back and her parents fell into the category "once bitten twice shy".

"Let me carry it," I took the Styrofoam box and Amelia immediately called her parents. Then...there it was, the BBQ pit I had booked. We laid our food on the table, and Zelda hurriedly but skillfully prepared the charcoal, and in less than fifteen minutes, it was ready for us to cook our food. Amelia sat there and watched us, I noticed as I prepared the drinks. Her eyes gleamed eerily as she looked at me. Damn it, the hair on my neck stood on end. I recalled all the ghost stories that I've heard and read about this park, and instantly, I began to feel a little creeped out. Would there be ghosts at this time? Perhaps this Amelia might just be a ghost? Do ghosts come out only at a later time of the night? Would they harm us?

A hand gripped me all of a sudden and frightened the hell out of me. Which ghost dared to touch me when I'm with my friends?

"Are you okay? You look like hell." Blake's voice. Holy shit, I had thought my own boyfriend as a ghost?!

"It's okay, baby, you've got six macho guys waiting on you anytime something or someone tries to do anything funny."

Hearing that, I felt a little better. Sometimes, I just think too much.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Amelia get up, and walked towards...Kes? No, Kres. Man, what is she going to do to him? Faintly, I could hear her asking him to go on a walk with her and he agreed hesitantly.

Oh.No.

-----------------------------------------------------

wee!!! yup, it's been a long time since I uploaded! Didnt have any excuses to use the computer 'cause exams are very near! but since tomorrow's my english paper i thought I might use it as an excuse to type it out and say it's revision. hope you all enjoyed this chapter! :) dont forget to comment and vote if you like it! :)