Chapter 17

Later that night I went downstairs to get water and saw the light in the family room was still on. As I tiptoed towards it, I heard my parents talking.

" - Took her from us once who's to say she won't do it again?" I heard my dad say.

"Ameerah is big now, she can talk for herself, she will refuse to go with Maymoona," My mom said.

"You know Maymoona is a convincing lady Aidah, she sill call the services, make up stuff,"

"Well forcing your daughter to conform to her norms is not correct, I personally do not agree with anything Maymoona has called to complain about her, Ameerah can go and do as she wants because she has a mind of her own, we as parents are just there to guide her." My mom stated.

"I know Aidah, I don't agree with that lady either, but when she doesn't get her way you know what she can do." My dad said, "You saw how easily she took my Ameerah away from us last time,"

"Well it's not my daughter's fault her kid is gone now, some one needs to make her understand that," My mom said.

"I know," My dad sighed.

"Let's get some sleep," My mom said softly, getting up. I ran back upstairs adn got and got under my covers so that they wouldn't catch me. 

Ok, so my evil Aunt took me away from my parent? Why would she do that? And she used to have a kid? How come I never knew? And why did my mom say it's not my fault her kid is gone? What is going on? I'm so confused!! It's going to be hard getting any sleep tonight...