Chapter 8

I needed to find Jedayel, I saw him hanging out with a group of other guys,

"Jedayel.." I approached him.

Jedayel's Point of View

"Jedayel?" Ameerah approached me, the minute I heard her voice I knew something was wrong, she looked like she was holding back a million tears, the blossom bloom in her cheeks had disappeared and her colorful eyes seemed just grey. I excused myself from the other guys.

"Ameerah what is it?" I asked concerned.

She took a deep shaky breath. "Has Shauna ever made a mistake in something she's seen?"

"Shy Shauna?" I asked confused.

Ameerah nodded.

"No why? What's going on Ameerah?"

"Shauna said- she said she saw Megan in the beach yesterday," Ameerah stuttered.

"So?" I asked, my brow scrunched in confusion.

"With Rob," She choked out.

"Ameerah..." I said, not knowing what else to say. She angrily wiped a tear from her cheek, then another one, then another. It broke my heart to see her like this, she was my best friend and no one, not even Rob was going to hurt her, not on my watch.

"Ameerah listen, just stick it out, just the last lesson, I'll talk to Meg after school, I'll sort it out. I promise." I said.

"Thanks Jedayel," She smiled at me through her watery eyes.

Megan's Point of View

I sat down at my usual place in English, messing with my hair to make it look ok, then I saw Ameerah come in.

"Thank you SO much!" I exclaimed giving her back her paper.

"It's fine," She answered, her tone was monotonous and she didn't even look at me, and then she went over to Shy Shauna's table and asked to sit next to her! What was going on? Ameerah always sat next to me. always!

The end of day bell rang, I got up quickly to catch up with Ameerah.

"Ameerah is everything ok?" I asked.

"I gotta go home," She said in the same monotonous voice and rushed off.

Jedayel's Point of View

"Ok Megan," I though, "Show time."

"Jedayel!" Megan called me.

I turned around "What?"

"Is everything ok with Ameerah? She seemed kind of weird at English."

"Oh, well I'm not sure what your meaning of ok is," I told her coldly.

"I'm serious,"

"Well if your definition of 'ok' is to go out with the guy who bullies your best friend every single second that she is in school then to be honest I have no idea."

Megan took a step back, she looked terrified.

"How did you know?" She gasped.

"What the important question here is how could you?"

"I. - I "  Then she turned around and ran out of school.