Seventeen

In the MacArthur household, Silas was getting ready. He was invited to a party and finally felt like an 18 year old. He glanced at his appearance in the mirror, styling his hair. He was wearing a white t-shirt with a navy unbutton shirt over it. He jogged down to the kitchen where Maria was.

"Mom"

"Yes?" She turned around

"Can I go to a party?"

"Yes but ask your dad first"

"Thanks mom. You're the best" He jumped onto her and hugged her. He kissed her cheek and left.

"Dad?" He approached his dad in the drawing room

"Yes son"

"Mom said to ask if I can go to a party. She agreed by the way"

"If she agreed I see no problem. Be home before 12 and be responsible" Alfonso shrugged. Silas was a teenage and it was part of teenagers to party.

"Always dad" He turned back out the room

"Hey Silas" Elijah catched Silas as he was leaving. "Where are you going?"

"Out with friends. I'll see you later yeah" he ran out and into a Ferrari and drove off

That was weird. It was like he didn't want his brother to know. Was Elijah that bad?

Regardless he went up to his room, ran a bath for himself before sitting down to do some work. He didn't do work at home most of the time but something was off. Silas was hiding something.

Why was Silas being so distant? The question rattled in his mind so much that he lost track of time. When he went down to get a drink it was midnight.

He walked into the kitchen and took a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Oh it's Elijah darling" Maria appears with a bat, yelling out the door. Elijah spat out his water

"Mom what the hell? You thought I was a robber"

"Sorry baby, we heard noise and you know what your dad is like" she hugged him, dropping the bat. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah Mom"

There was ruffling and both of them were alert. " That might be an robber" Elijah whispered

"False alarm" Alfonso yelled. "It's Silas" Both mother and son went to the living room where Silas and Alfonso were. Silas was unable to stand and had a laughing fit

"Is he drunk?" Elijah asked

"Yeah I am drunk" His voice declared in a firm tone. "I've had enough. Enough of being compared to Elijah. There was a time when he was honourable but now there is nothing honourable about him. He's just the rest, arrogant workaholic who care for nothing but money and title. He shows off, settling old scores. Tell me is that honourable"

"SILAS, THAT'S ENOUGH" Maria yelled.

"No, mom. Let him continue. I want to hear what he wants to say

"And you two don't even see me. It's always Elijah first. Elijah did this, Elijah did that. Elijah wasn't like this when he was your age. HELLO. IM NOT ELIJAH. I don't want to be known Elijah's brother, I want to be Silas MacArthur. I want to be my own person and not in the shadow of you. What's the point of my existence if all I'm going to get is a comparison to Elijah."

With that said, he passed out on the sofa

Maria was crying, Alfonso was deadly quiet but his expression was easily read. It was all true and it was all Elijah's fault.

"He's knocked out" Elijah toppled over him

"Mom, when he wakes up, you act like everything is normal. If he ask, he passed out. Promise me you won't tell him because he'll hate himself. Promise me, just act like normal"

"We promise" Alfonso replied. "Go back to bed Elijah and you Maria. Go" Both of them return to their room but neither of them slept the night.

In the morning, Elijah wasn't in a good mood but he put on an act.

"Morning" He nodded at his parents

"Morning, you feeling okay?" Maria asked as he nodded back

"Viola request you take Elisa around the city. Show her around" Maria stated to her son

"Okay, I'll do it" He shrugged. "How long are they here for?"

"Two weeks" Alfonso replied.

From the other room there was ruffling and a thud. Silas walked into the dining room with bloody eyes and messed up hair that were stuck up.

"What happened?" He thump into a seat

"You were drunk, passed out on the sofa" Alfonso glanced him a look

"I'm off or I'll be late" Elijah announced

"When did you start caring about time?" Silas asked, holding his head. Elijah shrugged

"Fancy a change, it's good you know" He walked out the room and to his Bentley.