Thirteen

"It's been a pleasure, the kids are always happy when you visit" Mr Godwin explained to Elijah as he was dropping them off to his car.

"Thank you, I was thinking of organizing a trip for the kids. Take them out. It'll be nice"

"Sure"

"My secretary will be in touch, thank you Mr Godwin" They shook hands

Silas nodded and got into to the passenger seat. Elijah walked around to the driver's seat and got in. He drove out the gate of the orphanage. They sat in silence for a while before Elijah put on the radio.

"Are you liking the new school?" Elijah inquired

Silas was caught off guard. He placed his hand on his knees and pretend to think. The answer was simple

"Yep. It's nice." He carefully picked his words. Silas had been caught in the middle between his brain and mind. He always looked up to brother but didn't want to be like him.

"What's on your mind?" Elijah chuckled

"Nothing, how long left. I kind of miss my puppy"

"Not that long" Elijah look out to the road.

***

"Mama, I got an auction to go to with Samantha" Elijah dashed past his parents, running to the stairs when he caught a glimpse of Sam. He turned back around, Sam gave him a wave

"The auction starts at 7" He stated, glancing at his watch

"I thought I'd visit early see how Maria was doing" She cast a look at Maria with a smile then at Elijah with a smirk

"Oh, I'll go and change" He dashed up to his room, opening his closest and looking at his taylor made suits. He went with the navy blazer and white shirt.

He went for a shower only to come out and see Samantha sat on his bed.

"Sam, this is my private bedroom" he said in a low tone. He went over to the dresser, picking up a comb

"Your suit doesn't match my dress" he glanced at her and took note of her dress. It was a beige long sleeve dress to her feet. Her blonde hair was in a bun. The dress was skin tight which showed her curves but Elijah saw her as a friend. The dress showed most of her back but it suited Samantha

"So it's not a date"

"It is" She confirmed as Elijah laughed
There was something about her that had Elijah intrigued but one thing for sure Samantha wasn't like any other girl. "As I clearly remember you saying It's a date"

"Fine you got me" Elijah gave up as she came closer. "You know the way you are looking at me, any one would say you were into me" he turned around, placing his hand on her back

"I could say the same for you." She had the same mischievous look in her eyes. She wrapped her hands around his neck.

Their noses were touching and if anyone saw it. It would look like something else. Soon enough, they both pulled away.

"See you downstairs"

***

"Aw you two look adorable" Silas comment as Elijah came down the stairs and stood beside Samantha

"So do you and the dog" Elijah remarked, Silas just made a face and played with the pup.

"Hey"

"But Mama" Elijah whined

"Where's your tie?" Maria stood up, approaching her son

"Not in the mood for tie" He rolled his eyes. Maria run a hand through his hair.

"Okay baby" she kissed his cheek

"Let's go before they find another way to embarrass me" He let Sam go first, opens the door of the car for her.

"They're cute" Sam comment once in the car and out the drive

"They love embarrassing me when I have friends over"

They sat in silence, watching the scene.

"Are you going to buy any piece?"

"Why did you think I'm going?" She asks "There is a hawkstone, last of its kind and I want it"

"You?"

"If something catches my eye, I'll get it" he shrugged but deep down he had his eye on Louis Moinet, a limited edition wristwatch.

They arrived at the auction house, Elijah helped her out the car and then took her hand as they walked in.

"I think the tabloids got their tomorrow's headline; Samantha Cameron and Elijah MacArthur one of New York's finest bachelor seen together at an auction. Are they dating?" Barry impersonate and then burst out laughing

"Very funny Barry" Sam rolled her eyes. "What are you even doing here?"

"My uncle is the organizer. I kind of have to be here"

"Barry" Another firm voice entered their conversation. Elijah turned to his left to see an old man probably in his fifties or sixties. He was dressed in a tuxedo. His hair and beard were white but his eyes were still sharp and narrow.

"Dad" He dropped his head and ran a hand through his hair.

"Who are you loitering with?" He turned to Elijah and Sam.

"Elijah MacArthur" Elijah held out his hand

"I've heard of you. Impressive for such a young age"

"Thank you Mr ---"

"Alistair but call me George" George shook Elijah's hand, showing him around whilst talking to him about his work.

"Looks like your father made a friend" Samantha whispered in Barry's ear before heading towards the bar.

***

"Elijah, the auction is about to start" Samantha got a hold of Elijah. When people found out Elijah MacArthur was at the auction everyone wanted to talk to him.

She handed him a glass of champagne but he swapped it for squash. He had a hand on her back, holding her as he focused on the stage. She watched his eyebrows raise as he took sip of the squash.

"Get your hand off my back" Sam warned

"Why? Does my touch affect you?" Elijah teased

"Before I break your hand, keep your hands to yourself"

"Yes ma'am"