Four

"Sorry, do I know you?" Patricia asked, two girls appear behind her. He also recognised them from high school. The little clique had formed again.

Elijah shook his head "No, he's calling you though" He point to the guy waving a couple feet behind.

"Oh, right. Okay" She turned around, seeming unsatisfied but a second later, she turned back to him. In her eyes were a hint of recognition.

"Wait I know you. Elijah MacArthur right?. Funny isn't how we meet all these years again" The girls behind her nodded their heads in agreement. Did they have not have a mouth or brain?

He remained silent

"What do you do nowadays? A Driver? How could afford the suit? Were you even allowed in his place?" She asked, glancing around. The girls behind her snickered as he remained silent. The guy approaching would have the answer

"Hey darling" A guy appear, wrapping his arms around her waist. He looked over at Elijah, instantly Elijah remembered him. Henry Williams, the second in command of Bridget Jones's company that invested in new technology. They recently did business with Elijah and were currently going through a new proposal "Oh, Hi sir. What are you doing here?"

"Babe, what are you talking about? He's the driver" Patricia whispered to him

"What are you talking about? He's the billionaire our company is working with. Why don't you join us for a drink?" Henry asked

"Thanks but I best be going. My driver is waiting" He gave a look to Patricia as he exited

***

Later that night he couldn't sleep. All he could think about was Patricia. He felt good to he didn't live up to her expectation.

The woman who broke his heart, made him resent women and motivated him to have the empire he has today. That's a story for another day.

The next day, he did his morning routine and left for work. What he wasn't expecting was the commotion in the lobby. He called Paul and told him to sort out the mess as he stepped onto the elevator, going up to his floor.

He walked into his office, taking off his suit jacket as he sat down in his chair, opening his computer.

Seconds later, Patricia burst into his office with Paul and two guards behind him

"Sir, I tried to stop her but she wouldn't" Paul stood in the door.

"It's fine. Give us a moment" He nodded to Paul who shut the door.

"Get out of my office" He stood up, the anger rising in his voice. The girl in front of him made his blood boil

"No I want to talk" She sat down in one of the chair in front of the desk

"Well I haven't got anything to say to you so get out" His fingers touched the intercom

"Wait I want to apologize for yesterday. It was pathetic"

"Okay now get the hell out"

"One more. Is your spite because of me?"

"I don't answer to you but I'll tell you something, I did this for me. All of this, money, company. I did it for me and my family, don't think it was ever for you because if you didn't want me when I was poor, what use are you to me when I have money. I really hope you have a good life, goodbye Patricia."

With his final she got up and left, glancing at him for one last time before disappearing.

Elijah fell back in his chair, his mind going to back to his younger self, admiring the girl he was in love with till the day she broke his heart. Since then his heart turned to stone, no one rarely got close and he was focused on business. He had to prove the world wrong and he did.

"Sir, Mr Clegg and Mr Polsar are waiting in the conference room."

"I am coming" he got up, buttoning his blazer and heading out his room.

***

"Sir, your car is waiting" Paul enters the room only to leave again. It was roughly around 6 and it was raining heavily.

"Umbrella" Paul held out an umbrella

"Keep it, you'll need it" Elijah replied, going to the lift.

He immediately rush to the car, getting in and giving the driver the nod. The car began moving but they were stuck in traffic.

"Take the road over the top" He ordered the driver. The road was deserted and in the middle of the wood.

Elijah watched out his window, his eye catching a small puppy

"Stop the car" he ordered, getting out to the aid of the puppy. He took off his blazer, wrapping the puppy in it. He stroked the head of the puppy, calming it down.

"Sir" Driver waited outside.

He got back in and drove safely back to the house.

"Gosh, you're soaking wet" Maria ran to the door as she saw the state of her son

"The puppy" He managed to say. Maria took the puppy from his arm. "Take a hot bath and change out of those clothes"

He nodded whilst his body shivered. With the help of butler, he got to his room and got into the bath. His muscles relax, washing away the coldness from his body. He changed into a thick sweater and jeans.

"Where's the puppy?" He asked his mother as soon as his foot touched the last step

"Look" She pointed to the fireplace where her younger son was sitting, playing with the pup. "Aw"

He walked over to his brother, sitting down on the couch. "Is he okay?"

"Yeah while you were in the shower we got him checked. Can we keep him?"

"Yeah, I don't see why not but look after him"

"Okay, thanks bro."

"Remember we'll also have to get him checked for disease" Elijah said

"Ah, just like we did with you?"

"Shut up"