Twelve

Well Elijah used the money for his education and then returned the money with double of what he was given.

"Elijah" Will smiled, shaking his hand as Elijah walked in through the doors of his house

"Will" Elijah smiled

"Always a pleasure to see you" Will handed him a drink as they headed into the house

A week ago Elijah got invite to Wallace's mansion. They would normally chat up over drinks

"Likewise" Elijah shook his hand and walked in to the mansion. Wallace live alone apart from Rufus the dog.

"What's the business like?" Will asked as they sat down

"Good, currently dealing with Delta and some other private company" Elijah replied, answering only what he was asked

"You weren't much a talker" Will chuckled

"I'm still not" Elijah replied back. They chatted some more before the door bell rang

"I invited a few people, you don't mind?" Will asked, getting up to answer the door

Of course he mind but it would get rid of the awkward silence. Elijah was quite a reserve man apart from his family. Elijah nodded back as Wallace smiled and answered the door. Elijah sat in one of the seats till the rest of the guest came in. Most were eligible bachelor and bachelorette who he would see in normal parties.

One was Samantha Cameron who had a liking for. They had a competitive rivalry for years and well they are what you called 'frenemies'

"E" She came over with a glass of champagne admiring the painting Elijah had his eyes on

"Samantha" He greeted her with the same bitter tone.

"Always wonderful to see you"

"Likewise, how's business" Samantha was in the real estate business. She had a good job and earned billions

"Good, you?"

"Good"

They met whilst Elijah was searching for a house. She thought he was an arrogant billionaire and he thought she was another rip off. Both were wrong and they together on a project.

There was a charity organization that reached out to both. The charity was restoring ancient history and the castle needed updating. Elijah manufacture the engine and Samantha helped boost the worth of the place.

They had cross paths on other occasions and as much as they hate to regret it they were fond of each other.

Elijah wasn't afraid to get this hands dirty and he didn't rely on his engineer for everything. Sometime he go down and make an engine himself. After all, that's how he started as it was much better than being in an office all day.

"So what brings you here?" Samantha asked

"Same as you. Wallace invited me here" Elijah shrugged

"There's an auction tomorrow. Fancy being my date?" Sam asked, chugging a glass of alchohol down her system.

"Why me? You said you could've any man here."

"I can but we're friends."

"Sure, it's a date"

"Hey guys" Barry comes along with glasses of champagne. Barry was an arrogant genius. He was clever so he rubbed it in your face. Elijah on the other hand rather have a silent victory.

"Hey Barry" Elijah and Samantha say at the same time

"What are you guys doing here?"

"We were invited"

"Oh" He nodded. No snarky comment this time

"Can I have a toast?" Wallace's voice beat the rest in the room. All heads turned to him as he smiled

"Toast to what?"

"As you know every gathering I raise a toast to someone and this time I had a lot difficulty but I realize the person right under my nose so you if don't mind Elijah. A fact about Elijah is he hates attention but I watch this boy grow from working two jobs to becoming a successful owner of one of the leading business"

Elijah let the moment passed and smiled along when in fact he was burning with anger

"I'll drink to that" Samantha clicks her glass with Elijah

***

"Will, a word if you don't mind" Elijah tapped Wallace's shoulder. Wallace nodded and they went to his private study

"I didn't like what you did. I did what any person could have done for my family. I shouldn't be praised for that"

"I get it but you have something to be proud of"

"I am proud in my own way and I appreciate it if you didn't do that again"

"I understand"

"Okay" Elijah turned around to the door as Wallace picked up a glass

"I don't think I've ever met anyone like you"

***

"Elijah wait up" Silas call after him, running down the stairs.

"What have I told you about running?" Elijah sighed as Silas rolled his eyes. "I'm going to get late, I have to go"

"Wait, Mom wants you to do another interview"

"No, I did my only one. I got to go baby bro" He messed up his hair and dashed out

"I'm coming too" Silas jumped into the car. He looked over to his brother who was wearing a casual shirt and jeans. "Do you have a date or something"

"No, volunteering at the children's centre"

"Why don't you want to do an interview?" Silas asked

"Because it's just publicity. Praising me for stuff I've achieved. If I hadn't done it, no one could care. Any problems and they turned on you so it better to avoid them"

"I get your point but you know mom. She's proud of you and wants the world to know"

"I'll think about it" Elijah nodded back at his brother