Fourteen

"That was an interesting evening" he pulled up into Sam's drive. "Thanks"

"My pleasure" Sam nodded

"Tomorrow lunch?" He looked at her

"What?"

"Are you free for tomorrow lunch?" Elijah asked

"Sure" She opened the door, ready to walk out but she turned back. "You know there can never be anything between us"

He sighed, looked over at her. "I know, I was having some fun. You're the first women I've don't hate apart from Mama of course"

"Elijah, you're sweet. You are a genuine gentlemen and those are rare like really rare but to me your still the annoying billionaire who became my friend"

"Hey, who said friends can't go on a date. I never meant to give you the wrong idea"

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow lunch"

"Okay" she closed the door and turned to her house. Slowly walking towards it. He watched till she got in and then took a u turn out her drive.

He arrived home late and didn't expect anyone to be awake.

"Brother" Silas turned around in his chair with Jar in his lap, stroking him.

"Silas, why are you up? It's late" Elijah rubbed his eyes

"You're late."

"So sue me. I'm not in the mood brother, I'm going to sleep" He kissed his brother's forehead and made his way upstairs.

In the morning, he was feeling better. His exhaustion had died.

"Morning" he sat down at the dining table.

"Morning son" Maria smiled as she served sausages and eggs on his plate

"How was the auction?" Alfonso asked

"Nice. Most of the people wanted to speak to me. There was some interesting piece and remember the wrist watches I wanted for my 18th birthday, there was a similar one there so I got it." He pulled up his sleeves

"Nice"

Silas on the other side of the table remained quiet.

"What's up Sil? You're quiet" Elijah raised an eyebrow at his brother

"Nothing, I'm going to be late." He kissed Maria's cheek and left.

"Did I do something?" He glanced at his parents

"You're forgetting he is a teenager. Just give him some space" Maria shrugged. Maybe his mother was right.

"I'm off to work, Dad the gardener is supposed to fix the lawn. Make sure mom doesn't get to it first"

"Don't worry, I'll make sure" Alfonso yelled

"Love you guys" He said. "Mom, remember tonight. We're going pottery class"

***

"Paul"

"Yes sir"

"Let's so things different. I want to do checks and inform me if someone deserves a raise"

"Okay Sir" He walked out the office. Elijah turned in his chair to view of the city. Seconds later, he got up and left his office. Reaching the first floor, he checked the reception desk. Those guys loved to gossip and not do their job.

"And the females" He turned to Paul

"This way" he leads but he hesitated. There was that one girl that tried to seduce him and it was scary. The worse thing was Paul appointed her as manger of the females