Good Morning

My sincerest thanks to coincidencless at Fanfiction.net for editing and reviewing, as well as everyone who has read this story. Your support has been incredible.

#

Two Years Later

From the comfort of her couch, Felicia watched a fierce battle rage on her television screen. Actually, perhaps it could hardly be called a fight. The giant hamster was beating the human warrior to a pulp, deflecting the human's blade with her claws and smashing his face with her tail. While Felicia's eyes were glued to the screen, she suddenly heard a knock on her door. "Felicia?" Flora called. "May I enter?"

Felicia turned towards the door. "Come in."

Flora opened the door and bowed. "Apologizes for the interruption, but Elodie has arrived to see you."

Felicia smiled. "Mom, you don't have to act so formal; you're not my maid anymore. How many times do I have to tell you?"

Flora smiled back and stood up straight. "Sorry, old habits are difficult to break."

"You're the one who's supposed to boss me around," Felicia said.

"Ha, perhaps I am not very good at that part."

"Well, you can let Elodie in."

Flora was about to bow again, but thankfully stopped herself. "Of course."

Flora left, and Elodie soon entered. She fixed Felicia with a warm smile, hugged her, and kissed her cheek. "Good morning, Felicia! I missed you!"

Felicia laughed. "It's only been a couple days."

"I know! Way too long!" She sat down next to Felicia on the couch, and her green eyes widened when she saw what was on the screen. "Oh my God, I love this show!"

The human ordered his elf slaves to heal him and boost his stats with magic. He grinned, boasting that the physical difference between humans and beasts could be overcome with magic. Felicia laughed to herself; that was the opposite of how it was in real life. Undeterred, the hamster slashed her claws and severed both of the human's arms at once, making him scream as he gushed blood from both sides.

"Ha, is it weird that we can still enjoy this type of stuff?" Elodie asked. "You know, after everything we've been through? What does it say about us?"

"Well, there's other things that make it good," Felicia said. "It also has tons of great characters and excellent world building. There's more to it than just a bunch of dark, violent stuff."

"Haha, I know," Elodie said, "but..."

The hamster finished the human off with one last jab of her tail, sending the human sprawling to the ground in a bloody mess. The elf slaves giggled and proceeded to kick the corpse of their fallen master while the hamster celebrated her victory.

"It certainly gets pretty dark," Elodie said.

"Eh, think of it as a sign of my recovery," Felicia said. "If I can't stomach stuff like this anymore, then that means Elizabeth won. I can't let her win."

"Ah, rebellious as ever, I see. I love that about you."

Felicia smiled and kissed her girlfriend on the cheek. "Aw, I love you too, Elodie."

Elodie giggled, and the two of them continued to watch the anime together, snuggling comfortably on the couch. As the ending song began to play, Elodie suddenly spoke to her with a serious tone. "So, hey... umm... speaking of not letting Elizabeth win, I hear Frisk is working hard to keep everything under control. Chara, too. I think she wants to help the scientists or something like that."