Mirrors

Flowey watched with anticipation as Felicia threatened to kill Nora. It was a very tense moment. Nate even pulled his gun on her, but Flowey and Felicia both knew he wasn't going to shoot. Even if he did, his hands were shaking so hard that his shot probably would have went wide. How pathetic. So much for the emotionless soldier Flowey thought he was.

Nate looked at him. "H-hey, Asriel! Do something!"

"I don't know," Flowey said. "I think she should do it."

"Asriel!"

Frisk stepped forward to confront Felicia. Meanwhile, Nate seized Flowey by the stem. "What are you doing?! Help her!"

Flowey shrugged. "Why should I? I believe I already told you what I think of her."

"She's my sister, damn it!"

"Do you think I care?" He didn't. Why should he save Nora? She had killed him, and she had just tried to kill him again. She was the enemy. It was kill or be killed.

"Of course not," Nate groused. "You don't care about anyone."

"Sure don't."

"So, if Chara were the one being held at knifepoint, what would you do? Would you just sit there and watch? Would you let Chara die?"

"Last time I checked, Nora is not Chara, so I don't see your point."

"Nora is my Chara!"

"And that sucks for you."

"... fine," Nate said. "If you won't do it for Nora, then do it for Chara."

For Chara?

"How do you think Chara will feel if Felicia kills her?" Nate challenged. "To her, it'll be like she killed Nora, and all the EXP Felicia gains will be felt by Chara as well. Will you let that happen? Are you willing to let your sister become a murderer?"

What? No, that was ridiculous! Chara wasn't responsible for Felicia, and even if she was, so what? Honestly, would anyone miss Nora? Besides Nate? Flowey didn't care how sorry Nora was. The world would be better without her.

... is that really how he felt? How Asriel felt? What would Asriel do? Would Asriel save Nora? Did Nora have any redeeming qualities?

Well, she did seem to care about her friends. She even gave her life several times over trying to save Felicia. She was brave, strong, and loyal, anything a friend could ask for.

But she hated monsters, so much that it drove her to let Boaris absorb her soul just to prove how dangerous it was. She had taken part in a horrible plan, in the name of protecting humanity. She wanted monsterkind to be imprisoned forever, if not destroyed. She hated them, but even more so, she was afraid of them.

The more Flowey thought about it, the more she sounded like Chara, just on an opposite side.

He looked up at Felicia. She had her knife to Nora's neck. No more time. It was a hard choice, but he had to decide, now. If he were Asriel...

Don't kill, and don't be killed, alright? That's the best you can strive for.

"Damn it!"

Flowey shot out his vines and constricted them around Felicia's throat, strangling her. He heard Felicia gag horribly as she struggled in his grasp. Flowey was certain he'd won, until he felt Felicia's knife cut through one of his vines. He winced, and Felicia cut through the second one. She was free. She lunged at Nora and...

Whack!

Frisk struck Felicia's forehead with his new baton. She fell to the ground, unconscious.