Redacted

"Have you ever thought about a world where everything is exactly the same... except you don't exist?"

#

Frisk reached Snowdin.

It was so cold. As much as he hated Hotland's heat, he wasn't prepared at all for Snowdin. He shivered as the frigid air blew against his bare skin through the holes in his torn-up shirt. He really could have used the coat Chara packed for him. Too bad he couldn't access his dimensional box. He just had to power through it. A little cold air was far from the worst thing he'd endured.

He just wanted to go home. That was all that mattered. Screw Gaster. He had just watched one of his friends die, by Mettaton's hand. Frisk prayed that no more drama would happen on his way home. He just wanted a simple, easy teleport, with no 'excitement' in his way.

With clenched teeth, Frisk wrapped his arms around himself. His whole body kept shivering, but Sans's house wasn't far. Just a little more...

Next thing he knew, Frisk was facing the snowy ground, caught in Flowey's vines. "Whoa, there. Stay awake, Frisk."

How was Flowey handling the cold? Didn't flowers die in winter? "How are you standing this?"

"Don't worry about it." Flowey helped him back up. "Come on, we're almost there. Really, it's right there."

Frisk looked ahead. He was right, Snowdin was in sight. Warmth was just a few more steps away. They kept moving, and finally, Frisk stood in front of Sans's door.

He knocked. "S-Sans, it's me. I'm here."

There was no response. Frisk knocked again. "Sans, please hurry! I'm freezing out here!"

As soon as Papyrus opened the door, Frisk leaped inside. He hugged the carpet. Oh, it was so warm! Finally! Frisk felt like was going to die out there.

Papyrus gasped when he saw Frisk. "Human! You're back! You came all this way to see me?"

Frisk let out an embarrassed laugh and got off the carpet. "Oh, hey Papyrus. I'm sorry, but I can't stay here long. Do you know where Sans is?"

"Oh, I think he's doing something in the basement."

Oh, yeah. Sans mentioned a basement, didn't he? Frisk never realized this house had a basement. "Where is the basement?"

"Right behind the house!" Papyrus answered.

Frisk groaned. He had to go back out in the freezing cold again? Well, he supposed he could grin and bear it for a few more seconds.

"So, I think I'm technically supposed to capture you," Papyrus said. "I am the most important Royal Guard after all. However, I think I'll let it slide just this once."

"Oh, thanks."

"In fact, Undyne told me to take this day off. She told me to stay home, and not leave until she said so. Isn't that nice of her?"

Oh, no... please don't ask...

"By the way, did you see Undyne on the way here? How's she doing? Did she try to kill you? I hate it when she does that!"

... why? Just, why?

Frisk almost wished Undyne had killed him. What was he going to tell him?

"She's on vacation," Flowey said.

"She went on vacation too?!" Papyrus exclaimed. "And right when the human shows up; what a strange coincidence!"

That wasn't sarcasm.

"... yeah," Frisk said. "Crazy coincidence."

"Hey," Flowey said, "as much we'd love to stay and chat, we really have to see Sans now."