God of the World

"Peace and prosperity will rule across the land."

Flowey

#

Commander Adam Cohen inspected the latest shipment. He took the largest crate from the pile and pried it open. Inside were sixteen military grade M1X assault rifles, as ordered. As Adam examined the firearms, his deputy commander, Colin, smiled at him. "Everything in order, sir?"

Adam nodded. "It would seem so."

"Oh, but we're just getting started!" Colin cheerfully said. He picked up a crowbar and pried open another crate, unveiling a rocket-propelled-grenade launcher. Colin held it in his arms, cradling it as if it were his newborn child. "Fear that demon no more! Not even the strongest mages can withstand high-explosive thermobaric warheads. She'll be dead within moments."

Adam hummed in deep thought. "Are you sure it will be enough?"

"Adam, Adam, Adam. When have I ever steered you wrong? I've seen the footage. The demon is tough, but not invincible. We have more than enough firepower to break through her defenses." He went back to the stack and retrieved a tall, thin crate. Inside this one was a devastating .50 caliber sniper rifle. Colin handed it to him. "Here, this should encourage you."

Adan took the rifle. It was surprisingly light for a fifty. He imagined one of its .50 caliber rounds flying through the air, piercing that demon's skull. He wouldn't rest until his son was avenged.

"We're all right behind you," Colin said. "The demon will die, and then we'll drive out the rest of those monsters."

For the time being, Adam brushed away his vengeful thoughts and focused on practical matters. He couldn't allow his emotions to control him. This wasn't about him, after all. "We'll have to use these supplies well," he said. "Our funding is going to take a major hit now that Elizabeth is dead."

"We'll find more backers," Colin assured him. "Not everyone is an idiot like Frisk. There are plenty of sane people like you and me who appreciate the importance of basic global security."

Adam nodded. "It's disturbing how far some people are willing to go in the name of 'equality.' They're so preoccupied with their causes that they see bigotry everywhere they look, but we're not bigots. We're just not willing to let the world be destroyed over a tiny fraction of the population. It's a tragedy, but that's how it is."

"Hey, don't preach to the choir," Colin said. "I know how it is, Adam."

He sighed. "Sorry, you're right. My words are wasted here."

"No worries, I understand. It's a crazy world we live in, isn't it? Anyway, let's talk strategy, shall we? Our forces will –"

Suddenly, another member of the Resistance, Terry, frantically ran into the room. "Sir! The Military Police are outside! They have us surrounded!"

Adam jumped in shock. "What?! How did they find us?"

"Hell if I know, but Chara is here, too! She approached the main gate all by herself. She says she wants to negotiate."

Chara? Why were they sending Chara to negotiate? Adam's face cracked with a smile. After all that planning, their prey was walking right into the lion's den. If there were going to hell, at least they could take that demon with them.

"Have everyone assume their combat positions," Adam ordered.

"Already done," Terry reported.

"Good, the demon's life ends today."