Fun

Why did he agree to this?

Frisk, Chara, and Asriel were walking through the Underground. Well, Asriel was sitting comfortably on Chara's shoulder as usual. Frisk and Chara, on the other hand, were both exhausted. They had walked all the way to Waterfall. Sadly, the River Person wasn't there to ferry them. They were on their own. They stopped to rest near Napstablook's old house.

"Stupid human body," Chara groaned. "Why can't it just walk forever without getting tired?"

"Tell me about it," Frisk agreed.

"Man, you two are really out of shape," Asriel mocked. "Gotta do some cardio."

Chara tugged on his petals. "You wanna walk, prince?"

"I could've gotten there already," he bragged. "Just a quick hop underground, and I'm there."

Frisk smirked. "But we're already underground."

"You know what I mean!"

Chara laughed. She took out her water bottle and sipped it. "Let's try not to rest too long. We need to get there before..." She trailed off.

It didn't take Frisk long to realize why. They weren't alone. There was someone there. Some kind of monster. Looked female. She had a blue body, a big claim for a head, and folded arms. She didn't seem hostile, but what was she doing here?

The monster approached Frisk. Her arms unfolded, and her clam head opened, revealing a smiling yellow pearl. "I'm visiting Waterfall from the city," she said.

Frisk cocked his head. "You know the barrier's broken, right?"

She didn't seem to react. Something was very off about this monster. "Synchronicity...? My neighbor's daughter looks about your age."

"Synchronicity? What does that even mean?"

"Essentially, it's a meaningful coincidence," Chara said. "Synchronicity is the concept of acausal parallelism. She's saying that while there is no causal relationship between your age and her neighbor's daughter's age, it is no accident."

"... huh?"

"So, no one planned for you and this girl to be the same age, yet this person believes it is by design, that it was meant to be. An act of God, if you will."

It started to click for him. "Oh, okay. I think I get it. So, for example, it seems like a coincidence that I met you, but we were meant to be together."

"Yes!"

He was impressed. "You're smart, Chara."

"Heh, yeah I am."

The monster continued speaking to Frisk. "Her name is Suzy. I feel like you two should be friends. You have... a neighbor's blessing!"

Frisk glanced at his companions. "Do either of you know a Suzy?"

They shook their heads.

"In life's grand scheme, she might be why you came here in the first place," the monster boldly said.

"Gosh, you're really pushing Suzy hard," Asriel said. "And you say she's about Frisk's age, hmm? You want them to hook up or something?"

Frisk laughed. "Sorry, but I've already got a lovely girlfriend right here. Couldn't ask for anyone better!"

Chara smirked. "Oh, Frisk. You're really working towards something."

"Oh? Another reward?"

"Maybe," she purred sensually.