Awakening

AN: Happy anniversary, Undertale!

#

Trapped within a glass capsule, Felicia watched Mother and Monty.

"So, it's done," Monty said. "You remember our deal, don't you?"

Mother eyed Monty with hatred in her blue eyes. "I remember, and I know what you want with her."

"Ah, so your ignorance was a ruse." He laughed. "Elizabeth, you truly are a master of deception." He drew his sword. "I expected nothing less."

Mother quickly drew a pistol, and she pointed it at Felicia's SOUL. Monty froze. "You wouldn't..."

"Really?" Mother said. "After all that I've done, you think I wouldn't take this final step?"

"That's all you have left of her."

"And that's more than I deserve."

His patience spent, Monty raised his sword. "Another lie!" He brought it down.

Suddenly, someone else warped in and blocked Monty's strike. He had red eyes, and he bared a resemblance to Monty. He countered Monty's attack and sliced a deep cut across his arm. He grunted and clutched his wound. Felicia had never seen him bleed so much while she was alive.

The newcomer stared at him. "Brother..."

Monty grimaced in anger. "Eli. I should have known you'd get in my way."

"I told her everything," Eli said. "Thanks for taking care of Felicia, but you can't have her."

Monty gripped his sword. "We had a deal."

Eli pointed his own sword, and Elizabeth pressed her gun against Felicia's SOUL. Monty's sword arm was bleeding badly, and Eli knew it. "What are you going to do, Brother?"

Monty cursed silently, and he let out a long, bitter laugh. He sheathed his sword. "What a waste of time." He turned and walked away. "Next time you need to kill a World Master, you're on your own."

"We won't need to," Mother said. "Jacob will do the right thing."

"The right thing, huh?"

"Yes," Eli said. "He'll keep your precious monsters where they belong."

Monty sarcastically waved as he walked away. "See you in hell, Brother."

He was gone. Eli warped away, leaving Mother alone with Felicia. She looked through the glass, with sorrow in her eyes. "Have I done the right thing?" she wondered. "Was it worth it? I wasn't even sure if it would work. Is this really what I wanted? Well... I guess it's too late to take it back now."

I'll never forgive you, but at least Jacob, Father, Nora, Nate, and everyone else will be okay.

With that final thought, Felicia fell asleep.

#

Frisk ran to the hospital as soon as he heard the news. After four weeks of unconsciousness, Chara was awake! Frisk had to see her, hold her, and tell her to never scare him like that again.

Toriel, Asgore, and Asriel met him there. They were as relived as he was that Chara was all right.

"What are we waiting for?" Asriel asked. "Do we have anything better to do? Let's go!"

They wasted no time making their way to Chara's room. There she was. She was still lying in the bed, but she was awake. Frisk ran to her and held her. "Chara, I'm so glad you're okay!"