Judgement

Toriel stopped the car right in front of Grillby's. Chara picked up Flowey and opened the door.

"Have fun, my children," Toriel told them as they exited the car. "Tell Sans I said hello!"

"We will," Chara replied. "I love you, Mother."

"I love you too. Just call me when you are ready to come back home."

"Alright. Bye, Mom."

Toriel waved goodbye and drove away. Chara carried Flowey towards the restaurant. Sans was already there.

"Heya."

Chara gave Sans a shy smile. "Greetings, Sans. Umm... I hope you don't mind, but I brought Asriel with me."

"Oh, that's fine," Sans said.

"And Toriel says hi!" Chara added.

"Heh, Tori's a good friend. Well, let's go inside."

"Yeah."

Chara and Flowey followed Sans into Grillby's. Everyone greeted Sans warmly as they entered. Chara and Flowey weren't as well-known as Sans, but they still received some respect as the royal children. Fortunately for Chara, most of the patrons were monsters. There were a few humans, but not too many for Chara to handle.

Sans sat down at the bar. Chara knew what was waiting for her when she sat down. She carefully examined her seat. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, so she sat down... and she was greeted with an annoying gassy sound.

"Heh, heh," Sans laughed. "Careful."

"H-how?!"

"Don't question it," Flowey told her.

Sans shot Flowey a quizzical look. "Hmm? I don't recall pranking you before."

Flowey didn't answer.

"Anyway, whaddya want?" Sans asked them.

"A burger, I guess," Chara answered.

Flowey pointed at the soil in his flower pot. "My food is in here."

"Umm... okay," Sans said. "Grillby, we'll take a double order of burgers."

Without saying a word, Grillby left to get their food.

"So..." Sans said. "How's being back from the dead going?"

"Uh... okay, I guess," Chara replied. "Frisk has been very nice to me, and I'm glad I'm getting to spend more time with Asriel."

Sans was always smiling, but Chara felt like it widened a bit. "You really care about your brother, don't you?" Sans said. "I can relate."

Chara smiled slightly. "Yeah."

"You're just two peas in a pod, aren't you?"

Chara snickered. "Yes, we're rooted together. Our friendship is as-riel as it gets!"

Sans burst with laughter. "You sure are Toriel's kid"

"Yeah..." Chara made a bittersweet smile. "I used to love hearing her jokes."

Grillby came back and handed them their burgers.

Sans offered Chara a ketchup bottle. "Want some?"

"Umm... no thanks," Chara answered, remembering what happened when Frisk had accepted the same offer.

"More for me." Sans proceeded to drink the whole ketchup bottle. Chara had some concerns.

"... what?" Sans asked. "You've never seen a guy drink ketchup before?"