Till the Petals Fall

"Then she just howls with laughter, like it's the best joke she's heard in a hundred years."

-Sans

Actually kind of sad when you think about it.

#

It had been a week since Endogeny's incident, but Frisk had something more... personal on his mind. He and Chara wasted no time planning their first date. As one would expect of her, Chara preferred to go somewhere that was run by monsters, but she definitely wanted to go somewhere nicer than Grillby's, which left one obvious choice. The MTT Restaurant was notoriously difficult to get a reservation for, but Frisk got Mettaton to pull some strings.

"But Frisk darling," Mettaton said over the phone. "Well, besides seeing my lovely face, why do you need a table for two at my restaurant so urgently?"

"U-umm..."

"Could it be? Has someone finally smitten the long sought after heart of Frisk Dreemurr?"

"Y-yes..."

"I KNEW IT! Tell me! Who is the lucky date?"

"...It's Chara."

Mettaton paused. "Well... that is an... interesting choice... I LOVE IT!"

Frisk laughed. "Thanks, Mettaton."

"Don't worry, Frisk! I'll make sure you have your table! And your chairs, and your plates, and your forks, and your kni-"

"Y-yeah, I've got it."

"Alrighty, Frisk! We'll have something special planned when you arrive! See you-"

"W-wait! Mettaton... can you... uh... keep quiet about me and Chara?"

Mettaton's tone turned uncharacteristically serious for him. "Ah, yes, I understand. That's probably best."

He uttered a relieved sigh. "Thank you, Mettaton. See you there."

"Toodles!" Mettaton hung up.

It wasn't that they wanted to keep it a secret; they just didn't want Mettaton screaming it from the top of Mount Ebott. When the public found out about him and Chara... not everyone was going to take it well. Some people barley tolerated letting Chara live. They still saw her as a demon who would kill them all if she had the power to do so. Some even went as far as to call her the demon from the ancient human prophecy. They thought Frisk was insane to trust her. When they found out that Frisk had gone as far as to date Chara... yeah...

But, part of Frisk was excited for them to find out. He wanted to let everyone know how much he cared about Chara. He wanted to show them they didn't have to fear her. He loved her, and if people judged him for that, so be it. Frisk knew he wasn't going to change their minds, and that was all right. He wasn't trying to make anyone like Chara. They could dislike her as much as they wanted, but Frisk would be damned if he let anyone take her away from him.

With a deep breath, Frisk opened the door out of his room. Chara was waiting in the hall, dressed as usual. They had considered dressing more formally, but Chara said she wanted Frisk to look exactly as he did when they met. She said there was something 'iconic' about his striped shirt. Frisk smiled and agreed. Neither of them were much for dressing up anyway. They just wanted to be themselves.

When she saw him, Chara grinned and leapt into his arms. "Oh my God, Frisk! I'm so excited!"

Frisk laughed. "Me too."

"I haven't been this happy in over a hundred years!"

"Haha, I'm sorry I took so long."

Chara smirked. "So, how long have you been waiting for this day?"