Power

" Prove to me you are strong enough to survive. "

Toriel

#

Chara stared wide-eyed at the image on her phone. It was a picture of Papyrus, lying on an orange floor gagged and tied up in rope. What the hell? Who had done this?! Why?! Was there no end to their torment? Chara was going to kill whoever had done this!

Chara's phone rang again, receiving a call from Papyrus's number. She put it on speaker and answered with an exasperated tone. "Who are you and what have you done?!"

"Take a guess."

Chara felt a chill creep up her spine. "Monty."

N-no, Felicia muttered. Not again, not again!

There he goes again, Frisk calmly said.

Everyone else watched quietly as Monty spoke. "Papyrus and I are having a nice hang out," Monty said. "We'd love it if you came to join us. Meet us in the Last Corridor; we can't wait to see you. Oh, and don't even think about calling the police. If they crash the party, I'll be mad, and that wouldn't be good for poor Papyrus over here."

The Last Corridor? Where...? Chara thought of the picture. The floor consisted of orange and yellow square tiles, and there were stained-glass windows on the right, adorned with a symbol Chara could never forget. She knew where it was, the hallway where Sans had passed his final judgement on Frisk.

Chara growled into the receiver. "You're a sick bastard, you know that?"

"Irrelevant," Monty said. "I suggest you move quickly; Papyrus's life depends on it. Don't keep us waiting."

Monty hung up.

Chara turned to face General Ackerman. "I know where they are, Asgore's Castle within New Home, under Mount Ebott."

"You intend to go there yourself?" Ackerman asked.

Chara nodded. "Yes, I can't let him hurt Papyrus." She meant that. Papyrus was one of the most innocent people Chara knew. Only a truly miserable creature would have taken him hostage. She had to save him.

Ackerman's face turned pale. "Are you certain? Monty is –"

"I know full well how powerful he is," Chara replied. "It matters not. Papyrus's safety comes first."

Ackerman gave her a respectful smile. "It's wrong what people say about you. You're a kind person, Chara. Still, we'll follow you up to a safe distance away. If you see an opening, don't hesitate to call us."

"Of course," Chara said. "I'm also the World Master, so if anything goes wrong, I can go back."

"Even so, Monty is unfathomably powerful. I served with him once, and I've seen his strength firsthand. He's one of the only warriors I know that may be more powerful than you are."

"I'll just have to win anyway," Chara said.

Ackerman frowned. "I couldn't believe it when I found out what he did to Felicia. I've never felt so betrayed in my life. I had always looked up to Monty. In fact, he's the reason why I became a general. He's the one who convinced me that the right person should be in charge for once, not someone like that scum, Jaeger."

"Cool story," Flowey said, "but we don't have time to sit around and chat. Chara needs to get in that castle, now!"

Chara couldn't have agreed more. "Yes, there is no time to waste."