Greetings

"Hey, Sis! What'cha drawing there?"

"Ah! Is that a... a monster? Why does he look so... you know... not evil?"

"...You... really like monsters, don't you?"

"N-no, don't worry! I won't tell Dad! Your secret's safe with me!"

"I love you, Sister!"

#

Frisk was once again awakened by the smell of cinnamon and butterscotch. He smiled.

Ah, Mother. How are we supposed to stay healthy if you keep spoiling us like this?

Frisk got out of his couch. Toriel didn't have any spare beds yet, so Frisk had insisted that Chara should get to sleep in his bed. Frisk checked on Chara, who was still asleep.

"I love you too, Brother," Chara whispered in her sleep.

Aw, look at her... She's dreaming of Asriel. How adorable!

Asriel was asleep as well. Frisk decided to let them sleep. He took the slice of pie that had Toriel left him and walked to the kitchen. Toriel was sitting at the kitchen table. Frisk joined her.

Toriel smiled. "Good morning, Frisk!"

Frisk smiled back. "Good morning, Mom!"

"Is Chara still asleep? She has always been a night owl!"

"Is she? I know she went to bed sometime after I did. I think she was doing something with Asriel while I fell asleep..."

Frisk thought of something that made him uneasy. What if Asriel had told Chara that Frisk...

"Well, I am glad that my children are getting along!" Toriel happily exclaimed.

He... he wouldn't, would he? No, I'm being ridiculous. I'm sure they were just catching up! They must have missed each other so much.

"So, Frisk," Toriel said. "You said you wanted to introduce Chara and Asriel to everyone, did you not?"

Frisk returned his attention to Toriel. "Yeah... How are we going to explain it, though?"

Toriel thought deeply. "Hmm... I guess you might not want to tell them everything you told me."

"Probably not..."

"Maybe I can just tell people that they are new kids I have adopted... No, that will not work. People WILL recognize Chara. She was awfully famous back in the day, and no one has ever seen a monster like Asriel. Indeed, it will not take them long to figure out that Asriel is not really a monster at all. People are going to ask all sorts of questions about him."

"...I'll just introduce them to my friends for now," Frisk said. "We'll try to keep a low profile."

"Okay! I will come with you! And I have already invited one person to join us!"

"Really? Who?"

Toriel giggled. "You shall see."

Chara entered the kitchen, carrying Asriel.

"Good morning!" Frisk greeted.

Chara smiled back. "Good morning, Frisk!" Chara sat down, set Asriel on the table, and ate her pie.

"... it's delicious as always, Mom," Chara said with a bittersweet tone.

"Only the best for my children!" Toriel replied.

"Chara, are you ready for today?" Frisk asked.

"Yes..." She smiled at him. "As long as you're with me."