Break

Chara vomited her putrid tar into the toilet.

For over three weeks, she had watched – experienced – Felicia's dark memories. Suffering the pain of her deaths was bad enough, but that wasn't the worst part. As Felicia's sanity began to slip, so did Chara's. She could feel all of Felicia's sorrow, rage, and bloodlust. It was all becoming a part of her.

Panting, Chara flushed the toilet and watched the tar fall down the drain. She held the counter for support and stared at herself in the mirror. The tar was still dripping from her eyes and mouth. It wouldn't stop. Her eyes had turned pitch black all over, save for her pupils, which glowed a faint red. She was looking into the eyes of a demon, her eyes.

No! She didn't want this. She didn't want to – she couldn't – be a demon. She couldn't be the demon everyone thought she was. She wasn't a murderer. She wasn't. She wasn't!

Chara screamed, and she struck her reflection with all her might. The mirror shattered, and a glass shard lodged into her fist. She winced as her blood fell down into the sink below. It hurt. It hurt. She was such an idiot.

Someone knocked on the door. "Chara!" Flowey shouted. "Are you okay?!"

She was silent. She didn't want him to see her like this.

Someone else pounded on the door. "My child!" Toriel called. "Are you hurt? Open this door!"

No, go away...

"Chara! Stand back!"

"Wait! Let me handle this."

A vine slithered under the door and reached for the knob. It found the lock and opened it. Toriel, Flowey, and Frisk ran inside.

Toriel covered her mouth in shock. "Ch-Chara..."

Chara hid her face behind a towel. "D-don't... don't look at me..."

Frisk slowly approached her. "Chara, it's okay. Let us help you."

She shook her head. "N-no! Get away from me!" She tried to back away, but there was no escape.

Frisk grabbed her arms. "It's going to be okay. I promise."

Flowey held her hand. Chara whimpered painfully as he pulled the glass out of her fingers. Toriel healed the wound with a spell right away.

"Chara," Frisk whispered, "what happened?"

She kept hiding her face. She didn't speak.

"Chara, please..."

She let them see. She dropped the towel and stared at them.

"Golly..." Flowey breathed.

She sniffled. "Th-this is what I truly am."

Frisk wrapped his arms around her. Her filthy tar dripped on Frisk's shoulder. Oh, Frisk. He didn't deserve to be tainted by her.

"This... this is fine," Frisk said. "You're gonna be fine, you hear me?"

"Frisk is right," Toriel said. "No matter what, you are still my child."

"Talk to us," Flowey said. "How did this happen? Was it another nightmare?"

Chara nodded. "She didn't just die this time. She... she killed. He deserved it, but..."

Toriel embraced her. "Oh, Chara. I cannot imagine what that was like."

Yeah, Chara hadn't just watched Felicia kill him. Felicia's SOUL was now Chara's SOUL. It might as well have been Chara herself who killed Kawasaki. That murderer deserved to die, but even so, Felicia may have taken a little too much pleasure in ending his life. Chara knew how dangerous it was to walk down that path. If she wasn't careful, Felicia was going to be consumed by her own hatred, and so would Chara.