You Can't Handle the Truth

The courthouse lobby was packed to capacity. Humans and monsters alike filled the room, discussing the crimes Elizabeth had been accused of. Felicia was almost overwhelmed. All these people were here to witness her story. Felicia knew she was basically a modern-day princess, yet all this attention felt surreal. She wanted to tell everyone about Elizabeth, and here they were.

Everyone came.

It was a daunting task, but fortunately, Felicia didn't have to do it alone. Chara, Frisk, Elodie, and Flowey were by her side, and many of their friends were among the crowd.

One of them approached. "Stop right there, you little punk!"

To his surprise, Undyne sprinted towards Frisk and lifted him off the ground in a bone-crushing hug. "Where have you been, little guy? It's been a while! Too busy fighting evil presidents to see me?"

Frisk was nearly asphyxiated by Undyne's grip. He struggled to speak. "U-Undyne, not so tight."

Mercifully, Undyne let go of Frisk and gave him a pat on the head. "Go kick some ass, Frisk!"

Frisk smiled. "Take it easy, Undyne. There will be no fighting today. We're going to handle this like civilized people."

Undyne waved her hand. "Yeah, yeah, I know. No badass fight to the death. Just a lame trial with people in suits yelling at each other."

Felicia just wanted Elizabeth to get what she deserved. She didn't need some spectacle of violence to satisfy her. Stopping Elizabeth was all that mattered.

Undyne faked a cough. "Boring!"

"Hey," Frisk said, "court is awesome. People may not fight physically, but they still make arguments. Don't you want to see a passionate battle of words?"

"... yeah!" Undyne exclaimed. "You go make that argument, Frisk. Argue with all your power! Slam the truth in everyone's face!"

"We will!"

As Undyne got pumped, another familiar face approached. It was Sans. He waved. "Hey."

Frisk welcomed him warmly. "Hi, Sans!"

"So, here we are again," Sans said. "It seems like yesterday you stood in the judgment hall, ready to determine the fate of the world. You just love getting into trouble, don't you?"

"You said it yourself," Frisk reminded him. "I'm not a normal kid."

"Well, you're not the only one," Sans said. He glanced at Felicia. "So, how are you feeling?"

"I just want to win," Felicia answered.

Sans chuckled. "Yes, I can see that. You have the expression of someone who's very tired of losing."

Yeah, she was. She couldn't afford to lose this time.

"Hey, where's Gaster?" Flowey asked. "Will he be gracing us with his presence, or will he stick to the shadows?"

"He's on his way right now," Sans said.

Sure enough, Gaster approached shortly, along with Papyrus. Flowey shot Gaster an angry look. Until now, they hadn't seen him a single time since rescuing him. "Where the hell have you been?" Flowey demanded.

"Just making some friends," Gaster nonchalantly replied.

Felicia was already sick of his clandestine bullshit. It was time to have a talk with him. "Gaster," she said, "I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you have to warn us before pulling a stunt like you did with Jacob."

Gaster disagreed. "Where's the fun in that?"

Felicia's blood boiled. "God, you're insufferable!"