Not Your Decision

Chara had another dream. Another memory.

The sun was setting, and Felicia was running in the flower field. She was fleeing from something. Chara could hear her panting breaths, and she could even feel Felicia's growing exhaustion. Felicia heard her pursuer's footsteps getting closer. Despite her body's protests, Felicia desperately tried to keep up her speed. Sweat poured down her forehead, and she gasped for breath. Felicia was running for her life! After a while, her body couldn't take it anymore, and she slowed down. Whoever was chasing her finally caught up to her. Chara winced as she felt Felicia's pursuer lay a hand on her back.

"Tag!"

What...? Oh...

Felicia turned around and looked at a boy about her age, somewhere around twelve. He had shoulder-length blond hair and yellow eyes, and he had a triumphant yet tired expression plastered on his face.

To Chara, something about the boy looked oddly familiar.

"F-finally got you, Felicia!" the boy said through heavy breaths and a wide grin. "You're as determined as they say! But nothing can keep me from you!"

Felicia laughed. "Ah, Nate."

Two more children ran up to them: Jacob (It felt weird to think of him as 'Malcom' here), and a girl with shoulder-length blond hair and purple eyes. The girl looked like she was related to the boy, Nate. She looked about a year or two older than Felicia and Nate.

"Finally got her, little brother?" the girl asked, confirming Chara's hunch.

"Yeah," Nate answered. "It wasn't easy, though."

"Well, what do you expect from the one and only World Master?"

Felicia seemed embarrassed. "H-how did you find out?"

"Your parents told our parents!" Nate answered. "Our parents got really upset when they found out, knowing your stance on the monsters!"

...Damn, new suspects, Chara noted. She sighed. Nothing's ever simple, is it?

"Umm... sorry," Felicia apologized.

"Don't worry about it!" Nate told her. "You know I can't get mad at someone with such pretty red eyes!"

...That sounds so much nicer when Frisk says it...

Felicia laughed. "Nathan...! Don't you think you're a little young to act like that? At least wait until we're, like, fourteen!"

Nate winked. "Alright, then!"

Felicia blushed. "Uh... umm..."

"So..." Nate said. "How do we know you're really the World Master? I suppose there's only one way to find out for sure."

Felicia cocked her head. "And what's that? Are you gonna take my DT sample?"

"No, that's no fun," Nate answered. "That would be far too easy. I say, you should show us!"

"And how should I do that?" Felicia asked.

"How about this," Nate began. "I'll think of something for you to do, and then you'll create a SAVE point. Then, I'll tell you what to do, and then you'll RESET and do that thing before I tell you what it is!"

Chara was a bit annoyed. RESETs shouldn't have been used for such childish things. The power to RESET was not a toy. It should only have been used when necessary. Careless use of RESETs angered Chara. Thank God that Frisk was responsible. Chara didn't want to think about what she might have done if Frisk hadn't had so much control over himself.