Chapter 39: I wish.

“So Eleanor where are you from?” I said smiling and sitting down next to her on the couch. I had convinced Louis to invite her over to the house. It took a lot of convincing but at the end he agreed. The reasons were simple, one: because we were with the girls. Two: because we were at the mall; not such a good place to start to get to know someone.

“Manchester” She replied smiling and glancing at Louis.

“Manchester? Brilliant” He said laughing.

“I think they like each other” Harry whispered in my ear.

“Yeah” I whispered back, taking out my phone to check my messages.

Eleanor and Louis’ chemistry was undeniable they hit it off quite well. They were cracking jokes now and then but they were mainly talking about themselves. Whenever Harry and I tried to do a little comment they would simply ignored us like if they were the only people in the room. We were just the annoying mosquitoes they didn’t want there.

“Come on” I whispered, taking Harry by the hand and dragging him out of the living room, leaving Eleanor and Louis all by themselves.

“Where are we going?”  

“Out” I said simply. 

“Alright…I think we should tell them.”

“They are not even going to notice we’re gone” I stood at the staircase in Louis’ house. “LOTTIE” 

“Yes?” 

“I’m going out, okay? Tell your brother we’re walking...” She nodded and walked away.

Harry and I walked out of the house, holding hands. We were talking about everything and we've been walking for at least fifteen minutes.

“Will you go out on a date with me tomorrow?” He asked me, sitting down on a bench. I noticed we were at the park.

“I’ll have to check my agenda…ya know. I’m a pretty busy woman” I said giggling.

“You’re not a woman” He said poking me. “Don’t be mean! Go out with me tomorrow please” He said, pouting his lips

“For your information I’m a woman! I’m 16. Your argument is invalid!” I said getting up from the bench. He started getting up too. “NO. Sit down.” 

“Why?”  He smirked.

“So I have time…”

“What do you mean, time for what?” He said sitting down again.

“Run…” I said quietly.

“Why would you run from me? Am I that ugly?” He said, laughing.

“Of course not but if you want to go out with me tomorrow night you’ll have to catch me first” I said starting to run.

“Ohhhh it’s on. I’m a pretty fast runner” I heard him yell from a distance but I kept running in circles, I stopped running and hide behind a bush, then as I was about to keep running I felt a pair of strong arms around my waist and in seconds, Harry was lifting me up and spinning me around making me laugh.

“Stooooop”

“You have to go out with me now” 

“Put me down you dork!” I said laughing. He did as I told him and then he wrapped his arms around me.

“Your laugh is so cute” He said smiling. “Your smile makes my heart melt…just saying” He winked.

“Thanks” I looked away immediately and smiled.