"Chapter 54: Give me a reason"

It was three o’ clock in the morning, December 12th and it was officially my fake birthday.

“Happy birthday little Emma” Someone behind me said, I turned around to see Matt. I smiled at him and grabbed the beer he had in his hand.

“Thanks” I said, taking a sip from my beer.

“I need a picture with my little sister, she’s getting big” Matt said making air quotes in the with his hands and then taking out his phone

I sighed.

“Do we have to?”

“Yes” I looked around while he asked some random girl to take a picture. “Emma” I looked at him and posed for the camera.

“PERFECT” The blonde girl squealed, winking at Matt and giving him back his phone. He stopped and checked her out before turning back to me.

“Go…” I said laughing. “I’m going back home, anyways” I whispered to him.

“Let me give you a ride, then”

“Matt stay with the girl, damn it” I replied chuckling.

He put his hands up in defense.

“As you wish…see you on Monday, Ems” He said before leaving me.

If the school ever found out I was going to college parties with my former history teacher I think…they would expel me and they would send him to jail, because they would probably think we’re in some sort of romantic relationship in which we’re not. Matt is my brother from another mother, his mother was a very close friend of my mom and he used to babysit me, my mother ADORED him.

I sighed heavily, and threw the beer on the floor, walking to the parking lot, where my car was, I looked for my car keys and hopped inside the car. I sat there for a minute, thinking but I was interrupted by my phone’s ringtone. I looked at the caller ID and smiled, answering and pressing the phone against my ear.

“Happy birthday to you…chachacha happy birthday to you chachacha happy birthday to the most gorgeous and beautiful and perfect girl EVEEEER…happy FAKE birthday to you chacha * I bit my lip, smiling as his sweet voice filled my ears.

“Okay now all together, ready” Louis whispered. He started singing again but more voices joined in. I grinned and cheered when they stopped singing.

“Thank you sooooo much” I said.

“You’re welcome” They all replied in chorus.

“Give me the phone Louis I wanna talk to her” Lottie, said…I think?

“No she’s my friend…you can leave now” He whispered-shouted but his voice was still gentle.

“Why? You wanna pour out your feelings to her?” the same voice said, and then all I could hear were giggles.

I smiled to myself imagining all of the Tomlinson sisters around Louis, singing, well right now, fighting over the phone.

“Lottie, it’s more likely for her to be in love with me” Louis replied, I can totally picture him with a grin on his face.

“HEYYY not true” I said, laughing.

“Very true” Louis voice, said not sounding so distant anymore.

“Can I please talk to her?” Another voice, sweeter and more childish said.